X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diggdeep
    replied
    propes

i have fond that they store in gas lockero.k i am going to get the old highdolick jack out of sead then easey to put up down

Leave a comment:

• iana1949
    replied
    Thanks Ant.
    It's a pity about that but we have done just as you have suggested and left the props at home. Hope to meet you when the first service is due, if not beforehand.
    Ian

Hi Anchorman,
    Yes it was us at Gravesend prom. We've joined the Roma club now so we'll probably see you at a rally. All the best.
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• anchorman
    replied
    Ian

Found, due to my driveway entrance being pretty steep, I was clouting the ground with my stabilisers on the R25. I removed the stabilisers and designed a couple of lightweight strong props from box aluminium and hardwood centres. The props are not designed to take the weight of the vehicle, but to take the bounce out when climbing in and out the back, the centre box rotates to adjust the height. Well, they work well for us anyway and gives a lot of weight saving at the back.

P.S. Did I meet you in Gravesend Car Park?

Tony Anchorman
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anchorman; 11-05-2011, 09:19.

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Hi Iana1949.
    I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, the older ( better) style of steady has to be bolted through the floor which presents a few problems once the van has been built.
    When Romahome started to build on the lighter chassis they needed to make some wt savings, the rear steadies being fixed had to be accounted for in the overall wt of the vehicle. The new style prop is not fixed and so isn't. I agree the box of props just gets in the way and has to be stored using precious storage space. I'd leave them at home and use the vehicles own jack to take the bounce out of the vehicle on a windy day, at least that has a specific place to store.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• iana1949
    started a topic Rear Stabilisers

Rear Stabilisers

Hi Ant,
    I've just bought a brand new R20lo but dislike the acro style of stabilisers supplied with it. I noticed from the handbook that earlier versions had caravan type stabilisers fitted and wondered if this type could be bought and retro fitted to my vehicle?

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X