As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freespirit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Freespirit

    Hi Ant,
    trying to find info on the Romahome Freespirit hope you can help.
    They seem to be rare any idea if £6995 sounds fair for a 2001 with 15k in good condition without hook or leisure battery.
    Nothing to compare with and can't find info about them.
    Slight rust think because of rubbing of roma on cab roof is this a problem.
    thanks
    Peter Fowden

    #2
    Hi Peter.
    To start off with a 2001 is not a true freespirit. The Feespirit went out of production in 1999, all of the last batch had mains hook-up, 2nd battery and 3-way fridge as standard. I suspect you're looking at an old body mounted on a 2001 pick-up as only the older bodies are now seen without mains and 2nd battery. The body may well be a mid to late 80's version, if so with the description of the cab I would think £7000 is much enough. The last one I had here was a 2000 cab and 1990 body which had mains,battery and fridge. It sold for for less than £5000. The last Freespirit proper I had back in Feb was a 1999 original Cab and body which sold for £5750.
    Hope this helps
    Ant

    Comment


      #3
      Freespirt

      Thank you for the info Ant.
      I was very close to buying it as the interior looks very modern and I was sure it was a genuine Freespirit, but as you say even if it was it's dear.
      Have attached some pics for you.
      Once again thanks
      Peter Fowden
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        HiPeter.
        That is a genuine Freespirit. It must have been hanging about at a dealers for a couple of years before being registered. It should have had mains hook-up and 2nd battery as standard!? Look at the top door hinge at the rear, you should see the date stamp when it was built. Apart from that it look in quite good nick and would be well worth making an offer to get the price down a bit.
        Ant

        Comment


          #5
          Freespirt

          Thanks once again Ant.
          Will see if I can get the price down.
          I noticed it had the spring assistors underneath aswell.
          I'm wondering if it was an early Freespirit that had hung alround the dealers for even longer before being registered .

          Should it dismount like the older models with the front jacks etc ?
          These aren't present suppose they got sold on e-bay or something.
          Will let you know if we get anywhere and if we do will get onto you to get it serviced.
          Regards Peter Fowden

          Comment


            #6
            Nice looking "freespirit" demountable on autotrader. It must be one of the last registered. Bit dear £6995 , but it is the best time to sell/ worse to buy.
            Shame Romahome stopped making them

            http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/s...a8d/advertdear

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Peter.
              With Romahomes there tends not to be a Buyers or Sellers market, there are so few available compared to the Motor Trade proper you're really best advised to go with your gut feeling about any vehicle you find. I know price is a factor when buying and when buying privately a keen price is a good thing. As a dealer with a huge bias and axe to grind, beating up the price is not always a good thing long term, the dealer needs a reasonable margin to be able to look after you in the 12 months after your purchase. Dealer 3 month warranties are a nonsense, you get 12 months whether the dealer admits to it or not.
              Ant

              Comment


                #8
                Freespirits

                Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                Thank you for the info Ant.
                I was very close to buying it as the interior looks very modern and I was sure it was a genuine Freespirit, but as you say even if it was it's dear.
                Have attached some pics for you.
                Once again thanks
                Peter Fowden
                Hi Peter,
                I believe I bought the freespirit from Ant, We have been very pleased with it, It goes really well, has been reliable, well laid out and surprisingly roomy, turns. on a sixpence and easy to park ; maybe a little expensive but I can't think of anything you can better it with for that sort of money. Go for it.
                Best wishes Phil.( Freespirits)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ant View Post
                  Hi Peter.
                  With Romahomes there tends not to be a Buyers or Sellers market, there are so few available compared to the Motor Trade proper you're really best advised to go with your gut feeling about any vehicle you find. I know price is a factor when buying and when buying privately a keen price is a good thing. As a dealer with a huge bias and axe to grind, beating up the price is not always a good thing long term, the dealer needs a reasonable margin to be able to look after you in the 12 months after your purchase. Dealer 3 month warranties are a nonsense, you get 12 months whether the dealer admits to it or not.
                  Ant
                  Hi Ant,
                  if I was buying one from you I would agree that you deserve a decent margin. I know you look after your customers. Other dealers I'm not so sure of. I like to get the price down as low as possible and have the money in my wallet should anything go wrong and the dealer not want to know.
                  There are a lot of dodgy dealers out there and they seem to get away with "murder". Just look at the amount of re-bodied C15's that are for sale on e-bay/ autotrader some for as much as £12995 and that is from so called motorhome dealers.
                  I always refer anybody to you if they are thinking of getting a Romahome. Hope your keeping my comission safe for the next time we meet.
                  Regards to you and Pam.
                  A12 DUO's doing well just got it mot'd would you believe they found a broken suspension coil at the top hidden. The mechanic is still scratching his head regarding glow plug fault.
                  Whopee just got A12DUO back mot'd new suspension coil spring fitted, freed up brake sensor valve and finally tracked down fault on glow plug starting to faulty feed connection on glow relay. Won't have to use jump lead now to feed glow plugs. Got a lot of funny looks popping bonnet and starting with jump lead, nobody ever said anything though. :so happy:
                  Last edited by peterfowden; 24-05-2012, 18:52. Reason: further info input

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by freespirits View Post
                    Hi Peter,
                    I believe I bought the freespirit from Ant, We have been very pleased with it, It goes really well, has been reliable, well laid out and surprisingly roomy, turns. on a sixpence and easy to park ; maybe a little expensive but I can't think of anything you can better it with for that sort of money. Go for it.
                    Best wishes Phil.( Freespirits)
                    I love the concept of the demountable Romahome and the "Freespirit" is the best example of that design. It is a shame they stopped making them.
                    I would love one but I simply do not fit the Daihatsu cab 6ft 2 and 18st.
                    Will they cruise at just over 60mph on the motorway to keep ahead of HGV's ?
                    Are they still made to be demountable the Freespirits I mean?
                    Presumably they are slightly modified compared to other Romahome demountables as they seem to fit a Diahatsu better, you can see through the camper into cab nicely.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Freespirit demountable

                      Sorry to ressurect an old thread but I'm trying to get more info on the "Freespirits" produced by Romahome.
                      1, Where they still designed to be de-mountable ?
                      2, Will they cruise at 60mph. on the motorway ?
                      Any other info would be appreciated.
                      Thanks Peter

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi Peter.
                        Yes they were demountable, cruise at 60mph, certainly they would do 60mph, a pushed cruise!!
                        Ant

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thanks Ant.
                          Nice to have the info from someone who really knows.
                          Regards Peter

                          Comment

                          320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                          Collapse

                          728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X