Relay diognostic light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay diognostic light

Hi Ant just abit of info please, I started out this morning to go too the Newbury show & a W/E at Devizes the van seemed a bit sluggish but going up a hill about 15min drive from home the wife noticed a red light & thought the H/B was still on slightly but found that it was fully down, then the engine stalled & looking in the book I found it was the diognostic light as far as know I know it duidn't flash just a solid light have got it booked in with a dealer who serviced it last Sept. so it's still got 4months to go & the milage is only about 4K since the service. Is this a common fault? it's a 55 reg. also is it likely too be a "arm & leg job".
    Many thanks
    Pete

Hi Pete.
    Difficult to say without looking, but the most likely fault is either the "EGR" valve or the throttle control unit. The "EGR" valve will block and has the effect of choking the engine. These commercial engines are Rugby player engines rather than Football player engines they like to be worked hard and hot, if you're too nice to them they will do silly things like block up the "EGR" valve ( Exhaust Gas Recycling Valve). The throttle control unit will fail leaving you a very small amount of throttle just to get you home or off to the side of the road.
    It's very unusual to get anything really major go wrong without hearing a reasonable bang first!
    Ant

Comment

Diognostic light

Thank Ant for the info I wouldn't have stood much chance of moving under it's own power I was stuck on a hill and was lucky that a 4 wheel drive coming down the hill stopped and offered a tow up the hill which I excepted but I had too wait 2hrs for a recovery too pick me up.
      Regards
      Pete

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X