C15 Fuel Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 Fuel Problem

Hi Ant. My van broke down yesterday ,after parking at supermarket van refused to start ,engine turning over OK but not fireing. Called AA and with some easy start and a big battery it started . AA man said a fuel problem possibly the fuel pump and he thought the battery fitted in van was too small Drove it to my local garage stopped it , and it would not start again so had to leave it there and they are going to look at it on Monday. I have looked on ebay for fuel pumps but not much luck, could it be a different problem why it wont start not just fuel pump maybe a blockage or something and what size battery is correct for an old 1995 C15 Romahome please. Thanks for any info.you may offer and thanks for still being available on this forum . Ron (rominron)

Hi Ron.
    If you've not noticed any diesel leaking out anywhere under the bonnet you've possibly got an air leak in a fuel line on the low pressure side of the pump which would result in fuel flowing back to the tank when the engine stops and a very slow rate of delivery back up to the pump when you try to start it. Try pumping the primer until it comes up hard, if it doesn't get to any kind of pressure you've got an air leak. I doubt the pump itself has failed, they were pretty reliable things and tended to work enough even when the seals on them started to fail. It's possible the "stop" solenoid is sticking which requires a better voltage than your battery can offer to open it initially, a 65amp/hr battery should be fitted. Also check the fuel filter is clean, while I doubt it's the cause of the non starting it is possible there's something in the filter bowl that prevents good fuel flow during the relatively slow pumping on start up.
    Sadly without standing in front of the van with the bonnet up it's almost impossible to diagnose things with any kind of accuracy.

Comment

Hi Ant thanks for reply, I think you maybe right about an air leak the mechanic at the garage said the same it could be air leak , I have to wait till Monday to find out from garage. If its not too expensive a fix perhaps I can get a new battery as well. I have only had the van about 2 months and it as spent most of the time in the garage having things sorted . Thanks again your a diamond . Ron (romin ron)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X