Reversing sensor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversing sensor problem

My Hylo was home fitted with reversing sensors by the previous owner. They bleeped at everything, totally unreliable. They were fitted about 2 inches above the hole for each leg winder. I had them checked locally and was told they were too low, recording every bump in the road. I was also told it was too difficult to fit them higher up and so they slightly angled them towards the sky. Not very satisfactory I'm afraid, I still get many false readings and cannot trust them. Is the height really the fault, or is it a fault of cheap sensors?
    Is it possible to easily fit them higher up, if so where and how?
    Thanks, Graham and Carole

Hi Graham and Carole.
    Reversing sensors should never be relied on, it doesn't matter how cheap or dear they are they all give dodgy readings from time to time. The ideal distance from the ground for fitting the sensors is 60cm, that is rarely possible on a Romahome, so tipping sensors up is normally required to stop the unit sensing the ground when backing up a slight hill. Also any rain or muck on the sensors tend to set them off randomly. You may need to learn to ignore all the random chirping and flashes and pay attention when the chirping becomes steady and any distances given stabilise. Not Ideal I know but realistic!!
    Ant

Comment

Thanks, Ant, I felt it was time to get some reassurance on this. So I am not hearing things after all! Graham

Comment

Same thing here!

Even with yards of open space around us the sensors insist that we have an obstruction between 0.5 and 1 metre away.

I have been shown how to disable them, but, as we got a discount on the insurance for having them, I suspect doing that could invalidate the cover!

Geoff
        Geoff

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X