demounting legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

demounting legs

hi iam anew member to the sight. and wondered if any one can help.I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A BEDFORD RASCAL ROMAHOME AND AM LOOKING FOR SOME DISMOUNTING LEGS IT HAS TWO METTAL SQUARE SHAPED HOES EITHER SIDE AT FRONT. WHICH THE LEGS SLOT INTO . AND THE BACK LEGS WHICH ARE ALLREADY ATTACHED TO THE ROMAHOME WIND DOWN, I WOULD BE GRATEFULL IF ANY ONE COULD HELP .REGARDS CHRIS

Like Hens Teeth and Rocking horse sh!7...to get 2nd hand

I had a pair fabricated for around £60

Comment

Hi Chris,

Not as difficult as it may first seem. If you have access to a good local blacksmith or similar or are handy yourself, then you can pick up a pair of Landrover 110 standard jacks which are regularly available second hand. Let the blacksmith see them and the demountable body and he will modify the round ends to square bar and weld the swivel for extra stability. Not really suitable where four jacks are required on some older models, but worked well on my Rascal demountable with the rear wind-down legs like yours. The Jacks cost me less than £20 the pair from a breakers yard and the blacksmith took £25 for the mods.

Hope this helps

Jim

Comment

Hi Chris Welcome to the site. You will find folk very friendly and only too happy to answer questions and queries. There is a wealth of knowledge here about Roma Homes and other vans.

Di.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X