Front Suspension problems on C15 hylo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Suspension problems on C15 hylo

my name is Ron Eldrett and i live on a small village on the eastern side of Oxford . my ROMAHOME is a C15hilo . my problem is when driving the front suspension sounds as if
    i have two bags of tin cans in place instead of springs and shock absorbers it sounds terrible. i have thrown a lot of money at the problem all to no avail. i would like to know if any one else has had the same as i have . if you have how did you resolve it and who fixed it for you. HELP PLEASE. RON

Hi Ron and welcome

I’ve moved your post into the Ask Ant section because I reckon if anyone can help ant will, I’m sure he will have come across this before.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Ron. you don't mention what if anything you've had replaced at the front,( Springs, struts or track control arms) it is unusual for a C15 to give trouble at the front end, normally the clanking and clattering comes from the rear suspension especially when going over rough ground at a reasonably slow pace. I have in the past had customers swear a noise is from the front and it turns out to be from the rear! The only relatively common noise from the front of a C15 comes from the off side driveshaft centre bearing, when it gets dry it will start to screech at certain speeds, the noise can be tempered by feathering the brakes which is a useful diagnostic tool, a new shaft will cure the problem, don't bother with replacing the bearing on the old shaft as labour cost to do so will exceed the cost of a new complete unit. If the noise you hear is less obvious in wet weather I would definitely get the rear torsion arm bearings checked.

Comment