Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking water pump

Hi Ant,
    I wonder if you could help a new Romahome Duo 1999 reg owner?
    I seem to have a leak on the water pump a Shurflo trailking 7.
    It look like a new unit is required, when the pump is in operation a small amount of water drips from the underside of the pump body, and over a period of time has ruined the carpet.
    My question is how can I isolate the water from the fresh water tank in order to change the unit? or do I need to pump out the tank contents through a defective pump? Also how do I isolate the pump from the 12 volt supply. I know this must seem obvious, but not very good with electricity!

Thanking you in anticipation

Regatrds
    Monty's Dad

Hi Montys dad.
    If you undo the inlet side of the pump and prop it up as high as it will go the water tends not to run out, put a rag under the pump to catch any dribbles from the pump. Follow the two wires that come to the pump and disconnect them at the fisrt terminals you come to. unscrew the pump from the wall, lift it and put a bowl under it before removing the outlet pipe.
    When refitting the new pump, connect the outlet pipe first, then the inlet pipe quickly!
    Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
      Hi Montys dad.
      If you undo the inlet side of the pump and prop it up as high as it will go the water tends not to run out, put a rag under the pump to catch any dribbles from the pump. Follow the two wires that come to the pump and disconnect them at the fisrt terminals you come to. unscrew the pump from the wall, lift it and put a bowl under it before removing the outlet pipe.
      When refitting the new pump, connect the outlet pipe first, then the inlet pipe quickly!
      Ant
      Many thanks Ant,
      I have fully drained the fresh water tank now, by pumping through and catching the drips! thanks for the tip re the connection of the outlet pipe. On my pump ther is what is called a twist-on strainer on the inlet pipe, just wondering if this can be re fitted to the new pump?
      I have manged to source a new pump locally, 20 psi which replaces my 16 psi
      model. I hope to get the replacement before the weekend and fit then.
      Having the cambelt/waterpump fitted tomorrow, ha the joys of motorhoming!

Many thanks,

Monty's Dad.
      Last edited by Monty's Dad; 28-07-2011, 13:43.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X