Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater problem

Romahome heater wont work. Propex 200. It has a red light flashing 3 times

Can't help with your query I'm afraid Jeff+molly ,.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site.

Hopefully, someone will be along to help

Comment

Have a look here. Saying low battery less than 10v, but it coud be bad earth or even try thicker wire, thin wire looses power over long lengths.
      http://www.vikingowners.org.uk/forum...4538&forumid=4

Comment

Have you been to Propex's own site and downloaded the manual?
        https://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/pdf/instructions

Look at the fault table
        https://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/w...April-2018.pdf

I think as jtr rhyl said you have low voltage. I believe one solution is to start the van so split charge is working and fire up the heater - once it is running switch off the engine - as said check your wiring connections there may be a volts drop across a dirty connection - or as I had this week a section of electric cable which is corroded. The solution replace the cable.
        Jon

Comment

Ive checked all conections and all seem ok . The reset button looks like it out but it dosent click back in so prob ok. Ill try it with the engine running to see if the voltage increase helps

Comment

If I was you, I would put a multi meter on joints, or put temp wire to the pos then neg side of the heater from battery, to see if the voltage has dropped, but starting engine is a brill idea. But on a lot of sites people complain about none start up faulty heater, most answers is thickness of wire and length of run.
            One on import diesel heaters say 25 amp wire for 2 meters then go to 6mm for longer runs.

Comment

I had a Propex in one of my vans that did that. Turned out the leisure battery had died. New battery sorted it.

Comment