bad graunching sound from rear of van.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad graunching sound from rear of van.

loud graunching noise from rear of van when stepping in, out or when driving round corners or over bumps in road. No noise when driving along well surfaced roads. local garage said that it was the rear suspension mounting bearings but after two weeks seem unable to give me a price for the bearings saying their supplier hasn't replied. Please, where can I obtain these bearings or would a recon axle be a better proposition? Thanks for your help and advice last time I asked you. I did not go ahead with the toilet in the rear of the van but bought a toilet tent instead.

Hi mervyn, could you remind ant/us what Motorhome you own- ant probably will remember you but other members may be able to offer advice or help before ant gets to check the forum!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Sounds like it might need spring assistors?

Could be the exhust needs new rubbers, think that's whats making the noise with my car when towing a caravan.

Comment

Hi Mervyn.
        It sounds like the rear radius arm bushes are dead or dying. In time the rear tyres will start rubbing the inside of the wheel arches. There is a company in Devon who is the cheapest I've found ( used by many Romahome owners) R Mountjoy 01404 881325. Its not a DIY job unless you have the special tool to compress the rear spring.
        Ant

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
          Hi mervyn, could you remind ant/us what Motorhome you own- ant probably will remember you but other members may be able to offer advice or help before ant gets to check the forum!!
          sorry about that, I own a 1992 Romahome hi-top on a citroen c15d base, and any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by mervyn View Post
            sorry about that, I own a 1992 Romahome hi-top on a citroen c15d base, and any help or suggestions would be most welcome.
            No worries, ant obviously did remember you!! hope the advice he has offered works out for you, nothing worse than noises of unknown origin
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment