New to Romahome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Romahome

Hi Ant, its not really a technical discussion but would love some advice. I have always wanted a campervan and when camping in Morecambe met an elderly couple that have a C15 Citroen Romahome in their garage. Its been in the garage for a few years, their new car is outside!?!
    Anyhow its 1991 and has about 80,000 miles on the clock, the guy really looks after it i.e. mot and service every year despite only riding to Barrow and back about once a year...I fell in love with it and they want £3,500, is that a good deal for the age of car? Im saving up and 2/3rds of the way there and buying it in October...they are still kindly keeping it in the garage..what do you think?

Hi Freeroma.
    Go for it, if it's had all its services done ( including Cam Belt) the only possible costs might be the brakes, they don't do standing about doing nothing very well and the tyres might have some misshaped bits. But for £3500 and looking good it's not expensive. Have a drive in it just so you know what sort of brakes you're getting, ( standard optional C15 Brakes).
    Ant

Comment

Hi FreeRoma and welcome to the site. You'll have already found out how friendly folk are and what Ant doesn't know about Roma Homes isn't worth knowing.

The C15 sounds like a really good buy, especially knowing the service history. I bought my Talbot Avalon from friends and despite it's age [J reg.] I know it's been looked after so hopefully no unexpected problems lurking round the corner. It took me from Calais to Brittany and up to St Malo in the early summer with out any trouble at all.

Enjoy your C15 when you eventually get it - not too long to October now and you'll probably get a couple of trips in before the winter sets in.

Di.

Comment

New to Romahome

Yeah you guys are friendly thanks alot for the advice. Calais to Brittany sounds wonderful ! I will definitely be in touch again when I get it. I'm new to campervans altogether so its going to be absolutely luxury from a tent, cant wait! K

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X