Romahome rooflight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome rooflight

I have an elderly (H reg) C15 Romahome and sadly need to replace the rooflight dome. The frame is still in place but the measurement is 360x360 and not a standard size now. Do you know how I could get a replacement cover? Alternatively, is it difficult to fit a new 400x400?
    Thanks.
    Aly

Mine on my g reg was broken so i replaced it with a 400 x 400 roof light you have to do some cutting but looks much better than the old one.You also may have to repair the holes in the roof as the one in mine was held in by approx 20 bolts.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. At least I know it can be done.

Comment

Hi Wizza -
        I forgot to ask how you enlarged the hole in the roof of the van in case I need to do that.
        Cheers.

Comment

I used my jig saw, you also have to enlarge the roof panel but as you can see in the pic i recovered mine so all the panels had been removed anyway, you could use a dremal.

Comment

Starting to sound technical but I'm sure I'll get there in the end. Thanks again for your advice.
            Aly

Comment

Hi Aly,

The fiamma one is 360 x 320 I don't know if that would make it easier to fit! I'm sure I remember someone on here replacing theirs with one of these, but not sure if they had to cut the roof to size.

http://www.leisureoutlet.com/caravan...rooflight.html

You'll also need some sikaflex sealer to use around the edges and where you drilled holes for the screws.

Before you do anything, post in Ask Ant, and see if he has spares rooflights from Romahomes, he might even have one the exact size!
              Last edited by jayjay; 26-08-2011, 09:29.

Comment

Romahome rooflight

Recently I was very careless and managed to knock off the rooflights trying to pass under a barrier at the entrance to a car park in Chester

I went to Queensferry and found a caravan supplier where I bought two rooflights off the shelf. Since then I've seen the same items at Spinney near Holmes Chapel.

Unfortunately that absent moment cost me £50

I have a P reg C15. Hope that helps.

Gail

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X