Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side skirts for demountable

Hi Ant
    I am sure I've asked you this before, but any ideas about where I could get some side skirts made for the Suzuki? Also, how do they attach securely to the van?

Many thanks

Angela

Hi Angela.
    I'm afraid it's not easy finding side skirts for demountables. Each chassis requires a slightly different shape so often the swap of chassis causes the missing skirt. I've seen many with PVC sheeting cut and shaped to make some kind of skirt. They just bolt on to the areas designed to take the sides and mud guards. PVC sheets can be bought from places like B&Q.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

side skirts

Whoever put the skirts on mine has used pvc fascia boards held on with nuts bolts and washers and it does the trick.. and looks ok too
      I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
      http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
        Hi Angela.
        I'm afraid it's not easy finding side skirts for demountables. Each chassis requires a slightly different shape so often the swap of chassis causes the missing skirt. I've seen many with PVC sheeting cut and shaped to make some kind of skirt. They just bolt on to the areas designed to take the sides and mud guards. PVC sheets can be bought from places like B&Q.
        Thanks
        Ant
        Thanks for that Ant, will check out B&Q

Comment

Originally posted by Minimouse View Post
          Whoever put the skirts on mine has used pvc fascia boards held on with nuts bolts and washers and it does the trick.. and looks ok too
          Hi Minimouse

You wouldn't happen to have a bigger picture of your van so we can see how it looks? Your avatar is a wee bit tiny!!

Thanks

Comment

if you send me your email address in a private message I can send you a few across
            I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
            http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

I used a strip of the UPVC window trim (as used in finishing off double glazzed windows) on each side of my demountable.

Mine isnt fixed in the usual way as i interchande it for a work pod with a rear roll shutter quite often and i had brackets made up that bolt on the canper pond (the same on the work pod) and another matching set on the pick-up. with a steel pin slipping through both to secure them together.

This left the removed side panel hinges of the pick up free, so i fitted 4 half hinges to a peice of trim and this just slides on, secured by a self tapping screw. It takes minutews to fit and remove.

I also built a side locker between the door and the rear wheel arch on each side of the pick-up (similar to what you have on a Bambi) to put things in like, leveling ramps, 240 volt hook up lead etc. I also made a box that fits under the bonnet of the pick up (next to the Radiator) to store small things in.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X