Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scourge of the dreaded tag...

Ant

The time has come - I am surprised it hasn't happened sooner... the scourge of white vans in cities everywhere - the marker pen tag!

Some little oik has autographed the van on the GRP section (I think since last weekend). As it had been a while since the van had been cleaned there was no protective polish in the way. Is there some magic solution to removing the mark?

Mnay thanks

Liz

PS ...and I was so proudly going to announce that Bertie had just emerged from the protective dirt coating when I found this..

Hi, lizp
    I think there is a remover pen sold in most stationary shops for this purpose,
    WH smiths is where I saw them,
    Not certain as to what type of markers they will remove though,
    Best thing for these brats is a vice and a shallow grave
    Be careful to test on the finish first on an out of the way place first,
    Good idea's here, http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-t...arker-pen-ink/
    Last edited by chocoholic; 04-09-2011, 11:40. Reason: age related dementia
    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

There are very good Graffiti-removing aerosols available.
      Not sure how good with indelible inks though. Nor whether they will harm the gel coat on your van.
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

try

try greased lightning do in small area u will have to rub ard P/s my name goes with the last job i hade so send them to me diggdeep

Comment

Hi Liz.
          Not sure what the marker pen solvent is but most alcohol based solvents are ok on the GRP. You might have a dull patch that will need polishing up afterwards.
          Ant

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Liz. I hope you can get it sorted easily and all will be ok.

Comment

Thank you to every one for the advice - I shall tackle it on my return from France. In itself the mark isn't huge but the longer it stays there the greater ther temptation to other oiks! ...and there's an awful lot of clear white surface to draw on on a Romahome!

Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Lizp View Post
                Thank you to every one for the advice - I shall tackle it on my return from France. In itself the mark isn't huge but the longer it stays there the greater ther temptation to other oiks! ...and there's an awful lot of clear white surface to draw on on a Romahome!

Liz
                I'd tackle it before you go - the longer it's there the harder it will be to remove. Ink has a habit of 'seeping into' surfaces.

Comment

You can sometimes remove felt tip ink by going over again with a pen then wiping with white spirit while still wet being careful not to spread it further,it sometimes just fades it, the residue might be removed with polish or fine rubbing compound.I think it depends how hard the ink has become,just try a little patch first. I don't think the white spirit will affect your gelcoat.Ant might confirm the affect of the white spirit.
                  Joe
                  If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

White spirit wont effect the GRP but is an oil based solvent and if the GRP is dry and dull the oil may well get absorbed leaving an obvious patch.
                    Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X