Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty rear sidelight

Dear Ant
    I've got a faulty rear sdelight on my 1990 Romahome hightop. I've put in a new bulb but although the brake light comes on the sidelight doesn't. I think it might be that there's a fault in the light bulb holder. I've checked all the connections and they seem sound. Can you suggest what the problem might be or where I can get a replacement bulb holder.I think the part number is Yorka 2.05.716.588 and a half well that's the number stamped on the unit. Cheers Ant. from Alf.

Hi Alf.
    The bulb holder on a C15 is pretty crude, just a couple of thin bits of metal over some fibre board. Just check that the two metal strips at the base of the holder are at the same height and are free of corrosion, sometimes, if the unit has got hot in the past the metal connectors become uneven leading to only one touching the bulb base.
    If that all looks ok, you need to check the connector block under the drivers seat, it's very common for that to corrode and even break wires.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

Thanks Ant

Thanks for you advice Ant I'll check it out and let you know how I get on.Cheers.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X