X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nevonthenet
    replied
    My roof has been raised

Hi Ant & Kieth a word of thanks as my roof has been well and truly raised. The work has been carried out by Van master online of Bradford. I left my van yesterdayat 10am and picked up my raised roof camper today 24hrs later, this was requested to allow extra time for the addesive to set. I can now start my labour of love as "Toppsy" is due for use in only six weeks watch for the pickies

nev

Leave a comment:

• wheelmon
    replied
    Hi Nev

It'll all be worth it in the end. I remember the pre-hitop days when we used to get "Van-Back" as we called it, due to stooping. It is now a family term.
    After a day's gardening: "Oooh I've got Van-Back!"

Keith

Leave a comment:

• nevonthenet
    replied
    thanks Keith

Originally posted by wheelmon View Post
    Nev, it's probably 12 yrs since I had a molded grp hi-top fitted to a Bedford Midi by a firm in Knottingley - no nearer to you I'm afraid. Euro Motor Campers was the name I'm sure. It was done by appointment on a 'while you wait' basis. It was the very basic job leaving me to do the lining etc. and the roof was bonded on with Sikaflex - nothing else. I dropped the van off with them mid-morning and then had to make myself scarce for 3 hrs. When I got back it was done!! - and a very tidy piece of work

By the time I'd bought some lining carpet, aerosol glue, more Sikaflex, etc and settled the bill they said I could drive it home - Knottingley to Bolton! I was a bit uneasy but based on their assurance I did it all went well.

I can't remember what it cost but in view off the elapsed time it wouldn't mean much now.

I did the interior so that most of it could be removed easily so it could still be used as a van ( - Not to the standard of Dabs' Bongo I hasten to admit!!)

The company sold all the parts and materials you would need to build a motorhome interior.

Good luck with your project

Keith
    Thanks Keith. This guy addvertised a 9 till 5 job but when I phoned he has addvised leaving overnight 18hrs drying time even offered a coursity car while he does the work. My only regret is that I have to strip out the fixtures that are all ready in so that he can carry out the work. its fun
    thanks Nev

Leave a comment:

• nevonthenet
    replied
    thanks ant

Originally posted by ant View Post
    Hi Nev.
    Back in the early 80's we used to get up to that sort of work but I'm afraid I've lost touch with who and where now. I think if you can see someones work in the flesh rather than a photo you can make a pretty safe judgement yourself as to whether its a good job or not.
    Ant
    Thanks Ant I will be having a look at the guys work anyway before he starts as he can alter how much of the old roof is left on for shelving and cupboards. I will of course be taking some pickies myself and will post them

nev

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Hi Nev.
    Back in the early 80's we used to get up to that sort of work but I'm afraid I've lost touch with who and where now. I think if you can see someones work in the flesh rather than a photo you can make a pretty safe judgement yourself as to whether its a good job or not.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• wheelmon
    replied
    Nev, it's probably 12 yrs since I had a molded grp hi-top fitted to a Bedford Midi by a firm in Knottingley - no nearer to you I'm afraid. Euro Motor Campers was the name I'm sure. It was done by appointment on a 'while you wait' basis. It was the very basic job leaving me to do the lining etc. and the roof was bonded on with Sikaflex - nothing else. I dropped the van off with them mid-morning and then had to make myself scarce for 3 hrs. When I got back it was done!! - and a very tidy piece of work

By the time I'd bought some lining carpet, aerosol glue, more Sikaflex, etc and settled the bill they said I could drive it home - Knottingley to Bolton! I was a bit uneasy but based on their assurance I did it all went well.

I can't remember what it cost but in view off the elapsed time it wouldn't mean much now.

I did the interior so that most of it could be removed easily so it could still be used as a van ( - Not to the standard of Dabs' Bongo I hasten to admit!!)

The company sold all the parts and materials you would need to build a motorhome interior.

Good luck with your project

Keith

Leave a comment:

• nevonthenet
    started a topic raising the roof of my relay

raising the roof of my relay

Hi Ant can you or any member advise me. I wish to fit a raised roof to my citroen relay swb van that I am converting. My insurer asked for proof that a company has carried out the work (stops me messing the job up) and an ebay seller whom I do not know will do this work for £799, which seems resonable and he has offered to show me some of his work first.He is in Bradford I am in Durham. Can you recomend anyone who does this type of work
    many thank nev

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X