X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power via hook-up

Hi Ant

Vehicle: Dimension 2

I'm not getting power to the 13a plugs, fridge etc. The van is hooked up at home. The main switch down near the floor to the side of the offside passenger seta is ON. The circuit-breaker thingies on the wall where the wardrobe door slides in are all up in the I position.

All the 12a stuff - lights etc - is working.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug.
    There's no power getting to the Van. Check the house end is ok, otherwise check the cable is ok, it's not uncommon to have a wire come out in one of the blue ends ( people trip on cables on sites, you yank them out of the van in a hurry when leaving etc). There nothing more you can do with the Romahome bit.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

Thanks Ant. Here's a really sad follow-up question. How the hell do you get those blue things on the hook-up cable apart? I tried to check them before asking my original question and could not get the damned thing separated.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by snobbyafghan View Post
        Thanks Ant. Here's a really sad follow-up question. How the hell do you get those blue things on the hook-up cable apart? I tried to check them before asking my original question and could not get the damned thing separated.

Doug

Whayhay a technical question I can answer.

You use a flat headed screwdriver, ours has a little symbol showing were to put the screwdriver, place it in position and twist.

Think that right anyway, unless Ant knows better.

I don't think I'll start an "Ask Graham" section just yet.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Ah Graham, you obviously have a modern lead, those with older and dare I say cheaper leads have two screws inside the socket next to the pins. these need to be unscrewed ( they don't normally come out completely) and the two halves come apart.
          Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
            Ah Graham, you obviously have a modern lead, those with older and dare I say cheaper leads have two screws inside the socket next to the pins. these need to be unscrewed ( they don't normally come out completely) and the two halves come apart.
            Ant
            Drat, foiled again . Ah well back to the day job.

Your status as top technical expert is safe Ant.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Graham

I've got the type you describe so thanks for the info - you can bask in the glory of being made a Tech Adviser (2nd Class).

Thanks Ant for the follow up - I'll try Graham's technique and sue him if I impale my hand on the screwdriver as usual

Doug

Comment

I'll try Graham's technique and sue him if I impale my hand on the screwdriver as usual
                Hi Doug, you obviously haven't read the small print.

Graham's Technical Help Disclaimer

Graham will not be held responsible from any injuries arising as result of anyone acting upon the information given in the Graham's Technical Help Section.

Graham

Comment

Curses.....!

Comment

Any luck getting this sorted Doug?
                    I'm curious as to where the fault was in the end. I hope it's all sorted now.

Comment

Both ends of the hook-up cable are OK. I'm wondering it it's in the short adaptor cable that enables the hook-up to be plugged into a 13amp socket in the house. I've checked the fuse in the plug on that cable and that's OK but I definitely can't find any way to get inside the end that connects to the hook-up. It appears to be a one-piece moulding and there's no obvious way to get at the inside of it.

Doug

Comment

This might seem a bit obvious but have you tried either plugging one end into the mains and testing with a neon screwdriver the other end, or using a torch bulb, battery and some wire to test for continuity for each of the three connections? Sorry if teaching etc etc.
                        Colin

Comment

Both ends of the hook-up cable are OK. I'm wondering it it's in the short adaptor cable that enables the hook-up to be plugged into a 13amp socket in the house. I've checked the fuse in the plug on that cable and that's OK but I definitely can't find any way to get inside the end that connects to the hook-up. It appears to be a one-piece moulding and there's no obvious way to get at the inside of it.

Doug
                          Anyone nearby you can borrow one from, to test this theory? I have two, both working, and can post one to you if required. Let me have your address via PM if you want to try this.

Comment

Jayjay

That's a very kind offer. Actually the van is going for a service today so I'll ask the garage if they can test my adaptor. If they can't, I may very well take up your offer.

Thanks again.

Doug

Comment

No problem, Doug. Hopefully the service should sort out the prob, if not just shout!! Might even be someone there at the service depot who knows all about misbehaving electrics!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X