Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 Relays?

Hello all.
    Had a great summer. five and a half weeks on the road. Three and a half thousand miles. But........When plugging in my phone charger into the cig lighter socket I blew a fuse. (It works the lighter and radio) But since then my hazards don't work. The indicators work but no hazards, no radio.
    Also, not connected but a separate incident the wipers and washer stopped working.
    I mended the fuse for the radio etc but still no hazards. I haven't blown a fuse for the wipers.
    Any ideas before t the van away for the winter please?

Hi Orkney viking.
    Classic C15 electrical mystery. The fuses under the bonnet have heavy blue wires and a heavy yellow wire going to one of the boxes. The fuses may all look good but the wire connection to the fuse clip very commonly stops conducting. If you cut the wires off and replace the fuse box with more modern in line fuses I suspect the problem will be solved! Sounds a bit drastic I know but is normally the cure of it. you could try stabbing the wire and bypassing the fuse box to the output wire just to test it first.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

Sorry for the long delay in replying.Thankyou for the answer. I will check this out. I have just put the van away for the winter. Winter comes early in Orkney.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X