Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked roof !

Hi Ant,
    I clouted the roof of my HyLo on a solid hight barrier. After cleaning off the black paint scraped onto my roof, I found a minute crack in the surface of the roof top. It's pretty hairline, about 1cm long. Is it likely to leak at that point, or is there enough thickness to be O.K. ?
    Alan

I'm not an expert, but I reckon any crack will take in moisture and then freeze and get worse in winter, so you'd be better sealing it somehow. Was it on here someone recommended 'Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure'?

Comment

That was us!! We used it on a leak around the window in our old van, worked a treat. I does what is say, creeps into the crack!!
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hi Alan.
        The Romahome body has a double gel-coat so it's un likely to leak with a small hairline crack in the outer layer, however a creeping crack seal wouldn't do any harm just to stop anything making it worse in the winter.
        Ant

Comment

Goes to show that even the hylo is not necessarily safe with these height barriers. I'll bet you were cross.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
            Hi Alan.
            The Romahome body has a double gel-coat so it's un likely to leak with a small hairline crack in the outer layer, however a creeping crack seal wouldn't do any harm just to stop anything making it worse in the winter.
            Ant
            Hi Ant I have just found a crack on my 1year old R20 hi top I'm booked in with you for 1st servicing on the 4th Nov please can you have a look at it for me and maybe fix it for me. I'm coming down from Farnham.
            Thanks Ant
            Camper man (Tony)

Comment

Thanks for the advise Ant.

Yes I was angry, especially as we entered the car park O.K. and hit the barrier on exit. It was my fault though, as there was a sign stating the hight of the barrier as 1.9m. But I'm a bit behind the times and still deal in feet and inches. 1.9m is, I think a bit lower than the vans 6'3''.

This is the first damage caused by me to my beloved HiLo !!!
              Alan

Comment

Hi Tony.
                I'll have a look, it may be that the crack is a covered by the body warranty, in which case it may need to go back to Romahome.
                Ant

Comment

Hi Tony.
                  I'll have a look, it may be that the crack is a covered by the body warranty, in which case it may need to go back to Romahome.
                  Ant
                  Thanks Ant the 1st year runs out the begging of Nov.
                  regards Tony.

Comment

Hi Tony.
                    Ant
                    We have just returned from having some defects in the roof and washroom door surround of our (two and a half year old) R30 rectified at the Romahome factory. All done under the 10 year warranty on the GRP mouldings.

Having pointed out the problems to Brian Bailey at the Roma club AGM earlier this year, Romahome could not have been more co-operative. Not only did they sort out the problems we had identified, they also spotted, and dealt with, others that had passed us by.

At first inspection, the repairs seem immaculate, I, literally, cannot see where the defects were. Obviously time will tell, but so far, nothing but praise.

I dealt with Matt and Dan at the factory, try speaking to them to discuss your problem.

Barry

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by camper man View Post
                      Thanks Ant the 1st year runs out the begging of Nov.
                      regards Tony.
                      Hi Ant,
                      thanks for the serving ect on the 4th Nov, I'v had a word with the IOW Ref; the crack on the roof and they are coming over in March to fix it, so thanks again for you help and service.
                      Tony (camper man):so happy: regards to Pam

Comment

I'm trying the creeping crack cure on my caravan when the damp bits from the leaks have dried out. I have one by the window which I didn't notice due to being behind the curtains, and another ongoing since I bought the van two seasons ago! I've tried everything else, so I'm hoping this stuff will find the leak and cure it! Will report back...

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X