Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wintery weather

Hi Ant
    I am sure this is very boring but could you please explain again how to drain the on board water tank including the hot water system. Do we need to remove the tap completely after drainage?
    Thank you,
    Lizzie

PS Hope you and Pam had a lovely successful holiday!

Hi Lizzie.
    It's only me that gets to go on holiday to the NEC, Pam becomes Farm labourer and business boss!
    Draining the water system on a Romahome with hot water/heating is a bit more involved than one with simple cold water only.
    First pump what you can from the tank with both taps open, when it starts to splutter turn off the pump at the zig panel ( leave the taps open).
    Next open the locker where the hot water tank is, you'll see on the floor of the locker a pipe disappearing through the floor, just as it does you'll see a red knob that looks like it might turn. It does, but only a quarter turn before spinging back shut. This is the hot water tank drain, you'll need to hold it in position to keep the water flow from the tank. Once it stops, and no water appears to be coming out, you'd be forgiven for thinking the tank has been drained, not so. On the top of the tank you'll see a hot water pipe with a push fit conection, squeeze the collar on the connector and release the pipe. Now go back and open the tank drain again and let the rest of the water out.
    Once the tank is drained push the pipe back into the connector and turn your attention to the tap inside. unscrew the faucet from the base ( you'll get a bit wet) and leave it off during freezing weather.
    OR
    Bring it to me I'll drain it for you!
    Ant

Comment

Wintery weather

You're a star Ant - thank you for info - but...
      I might just take you up on your offer!

Lizzie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X