X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlingo Exhaust

Hi Ant

Hope you enjoyed your hols at the NEC

There is a Quartet for sale on here and the advertiser says you serviced it in the summer. He says that you quoted about £100 for a new stainless exhaust. As we have a Berlingo car that needs a new exhaust and a Romahome that will need one in the next 12 months. can you supply SS exhausts at this price?

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter.
    Bosal were doing SS Exhausts at an offer price last year, I think they were moving stock on as I can't get a quote on one at the moment. The normal price for a quality Bosal box is near to £100 with thin pattern part boxes around £40. Other suppliers may be able to guide you further.
    Ant

Comment

Hi Ant

I have been quoted £300 fitted for a stainless exahaust from the cat back by Hawleys in Sheffield who my family use for buying tyres. They say that they will fit 2 silencers to make sure that the sound matches the original. It is about the cheapest quote and the only one to say about the silencers.

As a separate issue you name is being taken in vain. There is an automatic Quartet on Ebay and this is a direct quote from the information they give. "Ant from Avon Motorhomes in Bristol has already serviced it this summer and says it will need a new exhaust at some point. He quoted us around £100.00 for a good stainless steel exhaust or less for chrome."

I think that you could make a fortune selling stainless exhausts at this price.

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter.
        The Quartet lady has misunderstood me, I nearly always fit the Bosal exhaust ( about £100), which I suspect she has taken as a s/steel and her "Chrome" option being the thinner pattern part exhaust. I never quote for s/steel as it's not easy to come by. It sounds as if your local supplier is getting the exhausts made up, you are in the right part of the country for it!
        Ant

Comment

Hi Ant

They are agents for Powerflow exhausts and they make the exhaust to fit on the day. It takes about 3hrs. They have a pipe bending machine on the premises. Although I dont live in Sheffield anymore I visit regularly. they did have a look at our Romahome prior to making the quote and they are aware that it is a standard Berlingo exhaust with the extra tailpipe. I am hoping to have it done early in the new year.

I will report back then

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X