help please regarding Hylo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please regarding Hylo

Can anyone help please. I have just been looking at a Hylo 1998 on a c25. seems in very good condition but I found that raising the roof was very hard to do . Has anyone else found this and has anyone ideas which may help to make it easier Thanks Patruff.

Hi Patruff.
    The C15 ( C25 that was an early Relay van) Hylo tended to get a bit stiff if the exposed side when the roof was up were not kept highly polished. If you clean the sides and then polish them with a silicone based polish it makes the roof slide up and down much easier, pay particular attention to the corners.
    Ant

Comment

Hi Patruff.... Ant is invariably right. I sought his advice on this last year, and it certainly worked. I used to struggle to raise the roof from inside the van. I can now raise it from the outside, although I have to raise the nearside first.

Don't let raising the roof put you off buying.

Comment

Same here, my old Hylo became difficult to raise until I used a silicone shoe shine buff on it. They are easy to come across and small enough to tuck away whilst on your travels.
        Aileen.

Comment

thank you for your help.

I am still a bit wary to buy as £8000 is a lot to spend on a van that I would have a problem with. maybe I could buy a high top which I would prefer, from someone in the club. Does anyone have a vehicle for sale also I would like it to have power steering and heating if poss as I shall use it during the winter months. The hyhlo I was looking at was in good condition except for the roof which really put me off.It is really good to find a website with such helpfull advise and I hope that someone may be able to help with a suitable vehicle. Thanks to all who replied it is apreciated very much.

Comment

Originally posted by patruff View Post
            I am still a bit wary to buy as £8000 is a lot to spend on a van that I would have a problem with. maybe I could buy a high top which I would prefer, from someone in the club. Does anyone have a vehicle for sale also I would like it to have power steering and heating if poss as I shall use it during the winter months. The hyhlo I was looking at was in good condition except for the roof which really put me off.It is really good to find a website with such helpfull advise and I hope that someone may be able to help with a suitable vehicle. Thanks to all who replied it is apreciated very much.

Try putting a post in the for sale and wanted section at the bottom of the forum, someone might have just what you want.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X