Will Calor fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Calor fit?

Will a small Calor cas bottle fit in the Gas locker on my 2005 Romahome Outlook. It looks possible but a tight fit past the regulator, and I don't fancy spending loads of dosh on a bottle that won't go in!
    Thanks

Hi NewB and welcome to the SMH&F site. I'm afraid I can't answer your question re fitting gas bottles in the Outlook but this is such a friendly site that it won't be long before folk come along with an answer for you.
    Hope to catch up with you next year at one of the numerous meets.

Di.

Comment

gas bottles

hi we have the red botle in how outlook u my have to put diffent cornecter on to fit bottle i just got 3/4 full on at local house hold tip sit the other day ask round u do not have to pay the retal on a new one (tom) diggdeep

Comment

Hi NewB.
        The Calor bottle should fit, it will be tight, almost touching the sides but it should go in.
        Ant

Comment

Caution!
          If you arrive at a "FREE" calor gas bottle, keep the information to yourself!
          We (the firm I ran) used to stock bulk Calor Propane and naturally we had dealings with the Calor Rep.
          ALL Calor bottles BELONG to Calor. He once told me that part of his job was to keep an eye out for bottles changing hands illegally instead of being returned to Calor under the terms of the rental contract when no longer required. Calor used to prosecute the people involved for theft. I don't know whether they still do prosecute, but they "lose" a colossal number each year.
          As I said "caution".
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
            Caution!
            If you arrive at a "FREE" calor gas bottle, keep the information to yourself!
            We (the firm I ran) used to stock bulk Calor Propane and naturally we had dealings with the Calor Rep.
            ALL Calor bottles BELONG to Calor. He once told me that part of his job was to keep an eye out for bottles changing hands illegally instead of being returned to Calor under the terms of the rental contract when no longer required. Calor used to prosecute the people involved for theft. I don't know whether they still do prosecute, but they "lose" a colossal number each year.
            As I said "caution".
            Jim.
            At one time you could swap different sizes of bottles as well this has now stopped there is a list on their websit of bottle exchanges you can do but they have stopped the dealers from being helpfull as you say the bottles belong to Calor apart from the ones travellers and the lads with the blackstuff drop off willy nilly

Alf

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
              At one time you could swap different sizes of bottles as well this has now stopped there is a list on their websit of bottle exchanges you can do but they have stopped the dealers from being helpfull as you say the bottles belong to Calor apart from the ones travellers and the lads with the blackstuff drop off willy nilly

Alf
              That explained a lot Alf,last year I advertised an unwanted blue calor bottle in our free newspaper, Boy did that start a feeding frenzy. I use red calor propane all year round so I didnt need it and the local trader said that I couldnt swap it for red. I thought someone might like it for £10,wow I got a stampede
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                That explained a lot Alf,last year I advertised an unwanted blue calor bottle in our free newspaper, Boy did that start a feeding frenzy. I use red calor propane all year round so I didnt need it and the local trader said that I couldnt swap it for red. I thought someone might like it for £10,wow I got a stampede
                Just the kind of advert out local rep. used to scan the local papers for Ian.
                Jim.
                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Gas Bottles

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                  Up to last year when he sold up my local caravan dealer would swap any gas any bottle as long as you were buying a refill of some kind the new guys 1 in 1 out same size same everything or go elsewhere !!!
                  The days of good service have long since gone the first guy said as long as there is 1 going in for 1 going out its OK but I suppose every bottle is now computer controlled.

Ian we use Propane all year round as well, have done for 35 years

Alf

Comment

Thanks All

Thanks All.
                    I am now trying to 'aquire' a Calor bottle. From a reputable dealer,- of course. (LOL) Tried the van out on a day trip on Sunday, all very good , but next time I might leave the dogs and wife at home
                    Thanks Again:so happy:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X