timing belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing belts

Hi Ant, after having spent hundreds of pounds to get my car fixed after the timing belt broke and not being mechanically savvy I was wondering if my 1987 Bedford engine has one if it has I will get it replaced 2morro. Thanks

I think Ant is at the NEC this week, Prue. If you say what the vehicle is, what size engine, and whether petrol or diesel, someone else may be able to help.

Comment

Looks like the little rascal has a timing belt

http://www.bedfordrascal.com/vehicle_sales.html
      Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

My Bedford Rascal had a cam belt, and I had it changed as soon as I bought the van! It's just not worth the risk. I also kept a spare fan belt on board - they are very small and the chances are that the AA/RAC/Whoever would not have one on board if it broke.

Also it was like 'insurance' for me - I never needed it, nor the tow rope and battery charger I used to carry around. I always think if you have them, you'll probably never need them! Ususally if you don't have them, you will - Sod's law..LOL!!

Comment

Hi Prue.
          This may be a bit late, but you need to change the timing belt on the Rascal about every 40000 miles, nobody ever does and I must admit I've not had one break. I had a rascal van here with 127000 miles on its original timing belt. The belt is quite a short one that does not have to run power steering pumps and vacuum pumps so it's not working very hard. Having said that get it done and forget about it.
          Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X