Roof rubber treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof rubber treatment

Hi! Ant. Just a thought. You recommend coating the window rubbers in Vaseline for the winter. I imagine on a Hylo coating the rubber seal under the lifting roof with Vaseline is a no no due to the Vaseline getting on the canvas infill. i s there anything we could or should coat that rubber with? Thanks. Graham and Carole

Hi Graham and Carole.
    You could use Vaseline on the rubbers, when I suggest using Vaseline on Rubbers I don't mean plaster them in it, all it needs is a smear that almost disappears into the rubber while you're putting it on. If you put too much on you might get some black marks on the roof, to avoid this I sometimes heat up some vaseline until it's a thin liquid then apply it thinly.
    Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
      Hi Graham and Carole.
      You could use Vaseline on the rubbers, when I suggest using Vaseline on Rubbers I don't mean plaster them in it, all it needs is a smear that almost disappears into the rubber while you're putting it on. If you put too much on you might get some black marks on the roof, to avoid this I sometimes heat up some vaseline until it's a thin liquid then apply it thinly.
      Ant
      Clever chap, our Ant. what a good tip re heating the vasline up!
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
        Hi Graham and Carole.
        Ant
        Once again, thanks. I will do that. Graham and Carole

Comment

This morning I noticed a black streak going down from one end of the side window. Am wondering what exactly caused it (obviously something to do with the rubber seal / sealant?) and how best to remove it and to stop it happening again. ....I haven't treated the rubber seals with vaseline or anything yet.

Comment

Hi Sue.
            The streaks are more likely to be from general road dirt washing off the roof. Any TFR ( Traffic film remover) will shift it while you're washing the van. To help reduce the streaking in future polish the roof.
            Thanks
            Ant

Comment

Thanks, Ant. I had better start doing the Karate kid actions then...keep putting it off! But the streak did seem to start from the window...

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X