Another Rear Door Lock Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Rear Door Lock Problem

Remarkably similar to a problem highlighted below, I am now unable to lock the rear door of our Romahome. The Key insert is stuck at a horizontal position and the key will not budge it. The door closes, but I am unable to lock it even from inside as the mechanism seems to be jammed. I’ve noticed it being temperamental of late but a bit of jiggling can normally shift it, but this time it is stuck fast.

Fortunately the van is at home and safely backed up against a wall but we are unable to take it into town or use it for real.

What’s the best way forward for this (apparently common!) door problem?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Martin

lock

hi just tack my lock of put it back tirn lock with small scu diver put all back it works for ose tom

Comment

Hi Martin.
      It normally becomes a problem if you remove the key without returning it to the original position first. The remedy is either jiggerling the key with some lubrication or as Tom says removing the the inside lock mechanism and returning the lock so that the key slot ( in your case) is vertical. The cause is poor lubrication and a weak return spring on the barrel. Normally the lock returns to normal use after a few frustrating minutes playing with it.
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

Sorted!

Many thanks Ant. An overnight soaking in WD40 seemed to free things up enough to get the key in. I'll be more careful in the future about how I lock up.

Martin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X