replacement keys for side lockers and rear door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement keys for side lockers and rear door

When I bought my Y reg C15 Romahome recently it came with only one key for side lockers and one key for rear door. I'm paranoid about loosing keys - local key cutting place cannot make copies of these as they don't have the right blanks (they did have a go at copying the rear door key but it didn't work). The keys are numbered - is it possible to get replacement blanks by post then my local place could copy them? or any other suggestions?

I had the same problem when I bought my S reg C15 in June this year. I asked Romahome - no luck and also Citreon (for the ignition key) and even they couldn't help. I eventually found a small shop called Cardi Keys down here in Cardigan and he cut spare keys for everything - ignition, rear door and water lock. I guess you're not near to very much in Skye (I've never been there but would love to) All I can suggest is that when you use your c15 for camping away try every town you go to. Someone has the key blanks required.

Comment

Hi Cedas.
      The side locker keys are a common "Camlock" key most of the Romahomes have the 675 key, if you can't find anyone to cut you one I've got a few here. The rear door key that you've already had cut may work if you smooth the fresh cut edges of the key with some sand paper, I had one cut once that looked identical but didn't work, once I'd rubbed the edges down a bit it worked fine.
      Ant

Comment

Ant - thank you for your reply --one of these days I may get down as far as you and have a service /habitation check whatever done - I've been thinking about this since I joined the forum but will have to re-arrange my holidays a bit, you are a long long way away but reading through the forum I think it is a worthwhile detour.

In the meantime, I'll have a go with the sanding (and the people who cut the rear door key did say to take it back if it didn't work - haven't been back yet - it is a 60 miles round trip) -

The locker key is indeed 675. Does that mean you could post me a blank and my local (30 miles away) key cutter could use it to make a decent copy?

I know to some of you, 30 miles doesn't sound much but the first 8-10 are on single track hilly roads and the current weather conditions (not TOOOOO bad) make it a serious consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by mari2chris View Post
          I had the same problem when I bought my S reg C15 in June this year. I asked Romahome - no luck and also Citreon (for the ignition key) and even they couldn't help. I eventually found a small shop called Cardi Keys down here in Cardigan and he cut spare keys for everything - ignition, rear door and water lock. I guess you're not near to very much in Skye (I've never been there but would love to) All I can suggest is that when you use your c15 for camping away try every town you go to. Someone has the key blanks required.
          Yep - if I don;'t find another solution, I'll be following your advice and trying every key cutter and locksmith I pass along the way - but no plans to stray near towns till Feb or so (we don't have towns up here just villages - my nearest Tesco is 130 miles away - whether that's good or bad luck depends on your point of view)

Comment

I would say it's good luck. The further away from Tesco the better.

Comment

Cedas.
              E-mail me your address and I'll send you some 675 keys, no need to go and have them cut.
              Ant

Comment

Sometimes it cheaper to change the lock's than get keys cut !
                The Cam-Lock type locks are around £3 on ebay and some of the sellers offer replacement barrels for the rear door lock with 4 keys fairly cheep.

Comment

The sanding didn't work on the rear door key so I will try to get a copy when I venture further afield

BUT

ANT YOUR ARE WONDERFUL - thank you so much for sending the side locker keys. We are so lucky having your support ont his forum. Thanks thanks thanks

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X