No announcement yet.

Portaloo in Duo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off subject but if you are worried about buying a Dimension or R30 Romahome for toilet purposes don't be put off because it looks more lorry like than a car. Looks are deceiving, it is about the same length as an R20, has a wonderful steering lock and is so relaxing to drive. And the mirrors are a revelation compared to the R20. I have owned both R20 and R30 and you could not part me from my R30.

Comment

Hi again. Have now looked at the R30 online. Looks good apart from the beds. How comfortable are they? Can you feel all the joins? Thanks for your help in this.

Comment

We have the R30 which has slighty less bumpy beds than the Dimension, I am told. The R30's are pretty good although we use 2 self inflating mattresses for total comfort. Don't let me put you off, the beds are good.

Comment

Originally posted by FiddleCamper View Post
          Hi again. Have now looked at the R30 online. Looks good apart from the beds. How comfortable are they? Can you feel all the joins? Thanks for your help in this.
          We used Duvalay sleeping bags. They are a memory foam base with built in duvet. Very comfortable. One was an original Duvalay the other I copied by buying some memory foam and using 2 single duvet covers joined together and sewed to fit.

https://www.duvalay.co.uk/

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

Thanks for this. I currently lie on top of a sleeping bag and use a duvet in my tiny camper (Renault Kangoo conversion). I prefer the idea of memory foam as then only the cover needs washing. Would want to make up my own, though. Presumably it is topper foam rather than mattress foam which is used? Could you tell me how thick yours is, please so I can order accordingly?

This forum is so helpful. I had my Kangoo kitted out because I wanted something I could use all the time as a car too. Downside is I am
            5’ 8” and can’t move in it without bumping into something. I currently use a tent for all but sleeping, but this takes too much time and energy from the serious business of enjoying my holiday! Not to mention making one night stop-overs impractical. I’m a retired female. I think the R30 will just about work as a car but would be interested in your take on it, please.

Many thanks, as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FiddleCamper View Post
              Thanks for this. I currently lie on top of a sleeping bag and use a duvet in my tiny camper (Renault Kangoo conversion). I prefer the idea of memory foam as then only the cover needs washing. Would want to make up my own, though. Presumably it is topper foam rather than mattress foam which is used? Could you tell me how thick yours is, please so I can order accordingly?

This forum is so helpful. I had my Kangoo kitted out because I wanted something I could use all the time as a car too. Downside is I am
              5’ 8” and can’t move in it without bumping into something. I currently use a tent for all but sleeping, but this takes too much time and energy from the serious business of enjoying my holiday! Not to mention making one night stop-overs impractical. I’m a retired female. I think the R30 will just about work as a car but would be interested in your take on it, please.

Many thanks, as ever.
              Yes it was a topper rather than mattress. About 2” thick

The R30 is OK as a single vehicle as it fits in a standard car park space the only down side is the height, with more and more car parks having height barriers or towns having multi story car parks you have to plan ahead if visiting towns and cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

Yes it was a topper rather than mattress. About 2” thick

The R30 is OK as a single vehicle as it fits in a standard car park space the only down side is the height, with more and more car parks having height barriers or towns having multi story car parks you have to plan ahead if visiting towns and cities.
                And also watch out for the ULEZ zones in cities if it's not compliant. Not sure on the R30, but I know some of the earlier models weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post

And also watch out for the ULEZ zones in cities if it's not compliant. Not sure on the R30, but I know some of the earlier models weren't.
                  Yes, good point Ivan changed his van for that reason, living within a zone.

Comment

I thought the compliance was about what Euro level your vehicle is rated at. Our 2009 R30 is Euro 4. Later ones might be Euro 5 so may be acceptable in some areas. Our VW was Euro 5 and registered in 2014.

As for the beds, we use self inflating mattresses and 1 inch of memory foam in a home made duvalay. They are fine.

The issue with the R30 as your only vehicle is the height. When we are away we find parking a bit of a pain because of height barriers. Often use park and rides to get into towns.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X