brake lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake lights not working

all lights are working fine but both brake lights do not operate. the interior warning light ( handbrake/ brake fluid and pads) comes on when handbrake applied but also flashes intermittently when driving. Thank you for the answer to my question about rear graunching got rear arms and bearings replaced locally.

how much did it cost for the rear arm bearings?

Comment

rear arm bearing cost

Hi, bridge garage in Pwllheli did it for me by replacing the arms and thus bearings for £360. It took them a while but no further problems. Local citroen dealer quoted £1100 for the pair including fitting. Ant gave an address in devon who would do it for £400 but thats quite a way from north wales so I found the alternative. Hope this helps, mervyn.

Comment

Hi Mervyn.
        The brake light switch may be playing up, you can find it under the dash on the passenger side, follow the brake bean that comes across from the drivers side. If you pull the wires off the switch and connect them together the lights should come on when you turn the ignition on ( that will tell you if the lights are at fault or the switch).
        If your brake light on the dash flickers while driving you might have low front pads or the signal wire has come off and is touching somewhere. Or the fluid is low.
        Thanks
        Ant

Comment

brake light problem.

Thanks for comprehensive reply. I am now going to check switch. Brake pads fine as are fluid levels so will check sender cable connections, thanks again.

Comment

brake light problem

Thanks ant, Superb advice as usual. Checked switch and it is at fault new one ordered. Sender cable has come adrift from front passenger wheel so new connector to be fitted and hopefully back on the road again. Thanks a lot, mervyn.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X