HyLo 85Ah Liesure Battery replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HyLo 85Ah Liesure Battery replacement

It seems there might be a dead cell in the liesure battery of my 2006 Romahome HyLo - it wont hold a charge any longer - and so it needs replacing. It is housed in a tight fitting battery box and the battery's dimensions are 24L 16W 21H. Looking on the internet all the replacement batteries I can see are several centimeters longer and higher. Any suggestions?

I made my own battery box to allow the fitting of a larger battery.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      It seems there might be a dead cell in the liesure battery of my 2006 Romahome HyLo - it wont hold a charge any longer - and so it needs replacing. It is housed in a tight fitting battery box and the battery's dimensions are 24L 16W 21H. Looking on the internet all the replacement batteries I can see are several centimeters longer and higher. Any suggestions?
      Richard, try go outdoors they have a sale on at the moment for batteries and battery boxes!!

Comment

I'm currently in a similar position with my Hylo and started a thread re this last week. I've found only a few 85Ah batteries which will fit but would like to fit a 113Ah for maximum power while wilding. These won't fit into the existing box but I'd been wondering if anyone here had replaced the box and fitted a substantially larger battery. With a DIY box I think some of the 113Ah and 115Ah batteries stocked online by Tayna might fit - but need to check measurements closely.

Comment

Hi Richard.
          The Numax XV24MF battery is the right size, it is a dual purpose battery and can be used for cranking in an emergency. It's the battery I fit to all C15's and Berlingo Duo's, Outlooks and Hylos in place of the original liesure battery. It is rated at 86 amp/hr.
          Thanks
          Ant

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Ant: Looking it up on the net the Numax battery has dimensions of 257L x 172W x 220H. When I measured the existing battery it was 240L x 160W x 210H. I will measure whether the Numax battery fits in the existing box when I go home this evening.
            Richard

Comment

If possible, I'd like to try to fit a Numax CXV30HMF 113Ah for extra power, although it's longer...

Length: 325 mm
              Width: 172 mm
              Height: 220 mm

Comment

Battery Box

I have now measured the battery box and it is 285L x 180W. So the Numax XV24MF (257L x 172W) should fit.
                Many thanks,
                Richard

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X