Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tap not working

Hi Ant .

My tap is not working on my outlook . Ive looked through past posts and maybe its the micro switch as there is no sound when turning on the tap . If this is the case could you please tell me where this switch is and how to get at it .
    Thanks for your help .

Hi Dave.
    The switches rarely give trouble themselves, it's more likely to be the wires to the switch, they commonly fall off. The switch is located at the base of the tap unit. If you have the toilet option, it's easier to remove the table flap and attack the the tap from below, the standard non toilet version you'll have to undo the 4 screws holding the tap unit in and carefully lift it up to see if the wires have come off. If they have shove them back on ( either way round it's just a switch) and try and tape the flex of wire up so the vibration of driving doesn't shake them off again.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

Hi Ant,

You wait 3 years for a plumbing fault in a 'van and then they all come together.

In addition to the wet floor in our R30 (which I hope to investigate further tomorrow) the Good Lady of the 'Van has just reported that the hot tap of the kitchen sink does not work. The cold is OK and both washroom taps also produce water.

Am I correct that these mixers are also microswitch controlled, and do I need to lift the tap out from the sink unit to gain access to the connections, or are they accessible from below? To lift the tap out, can I presume that the caps over the fxings just "ping" out to expose a screw of some sort, and push back in after refitting the tap. or am I being too naive?

Or ... is it something more serious?

Barry

Comment

Hi Barry.
        There are no switches in your taps on the R30, they work by pressure drop. If your system pressurises with all the taps turned off and the pump stops running you have no major leaks, if however you then open the hot kitchen tap and the pump doesn't run you have a blockage. If the pump doesn't stop with all taps off, you may be pumping water somewhere instead of out the tap!
        Ant

Comment

Having eventually found some "spare" time, I drained down, disconnected the pipe connections and removed the tap. I managed to dismantle it and discovered that the spindle connecting the knob to the internal works had shattered.

Whale have kindly offered to send me (some) replacements, and I am awaiting the postman's delivery.

I then look forward to reassembling the whole caboodle, refilling the water tank, pumping through and, knowing my mechanical ineptitude, looking for the inevitable leak

Barry

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X