interior lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior lights

Having problems with interior lights in my newly aquired "94"Romahome,when the car/off/caravan is on caravan position the spot lights come on,but the strip lights dont,they all did in the car position,but not any more nor does the water pump looks like I have fused them when tinkering,trouble is I cant find the fuse.The electrical manual section in the manual refers to units built before or after c1591480 where do I find this number,I have checked the fuses under the bonnet and all are ok
    Please help,it is very frustrating

Hi,romescotland and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I can't answer your query but be reassured there will be someone who will come along later, I expect, who will be able to give you some advice.

Di.

Comment

Originally posted by romescotland View Post
      Having problems with interior lights in my newly aquired "94"Romahome,when the car/off/caravan is on caravan position the spot lights come on,but the strip lights dont,they all did in the car position,but not any more nor does the water pump looks like I have fused them when tinkering,trouble is I cant find the fuse.The electrical manual section in the manual refers to units built before or after c1591480 where do I find this number,I have checked the fuses under the bonnet and all are ok
      Please help,it is very frustrating
      Hi Romescotland.
      Firstly all the lights run from the same fuse, if the spots worked the fuse will be ok. The strip lights require a good voltage to strike up whereas the spots will just glow dim. Try turning the lights on with the engine running, if they all work on the car setting but still not on the caravan setting, you're not charging the 2nd battery are need to check the fuses near the battery under the bonnet. Corrosion on the fuses should also be looked for, it doesn't take much to stop the full voltage. If in doubt change the fuses for shiny new ones. There may be a block of them on the inner wing near the battery and some inline ones coming from the positive terminal of the battery. You don't normally have to look much further than that on a C15.
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

lights

Thanks Ant,I will charge leisure battery,but have to find fuse for car battery circuit as neither the lights nor the water pump are working from it because I think that I shorted them out,they were working untill I started messing about with a test lamp
        Thanks again for your input
        Regards Jack

Comment

Jack.
          The in-line fuses coming off the vehicle battery are the link from front to back. Again check for corrosion or over heating, sometimes they get very hot if the leisure battery is in need of a regular charge, once they're hot they can shrink and not make a good contact.
          Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X