Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R40 oven & grill

Hi Ant
    Any clues on this one? On Friday oven lit perfectly, by Sunday neither oven or grill would stay alight however long it was held on. Are the sensors linked?
    Thanks
    Colin
    Last edited by niloc; 12-03-2012, 17:43. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by niloc View Post
    Hi Ant
    Any clues on this one? On Friday oven lit perfectly, by Sunday neither oven or grill would stay alight however long it was held on. Are the sensors linked?
    Thanks
    Colin
    Try buying some gas!!
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by niloc View Post
      Hi Ant
      Thanks
      Colin
      Hi Colin.
      I've not had that happen in the R40 before but years ago when I was an "Autohomes" dealer it used to happen to the oven/grill in the Excalibur. Normally it was caused by the FFD coming slightly loose where it was screwed into the appliances control tap. I'm not sure how it's done in the R40 unit but if the tips of the FFD's are in the flame ok, then it's likely they have come loose at the other end. On the old Excalibur oven/grill the FFD's were screwed in to the control knob quite close to each other and it just needed one to be loose to stop the control knob working properly.
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

Ant triumphs again!! Having given me the clue to look at the tap for the oven and grill I thought I might have to dismantle the top to see inside, but discovered some little vents just behind the taps to peer down. And then I could see the grease covered spindle of the tap was not pushing all the way in because of a speck of something (toast?) stuck to it. It felt OK against the spring, but was not quite seating, only about an eighth of an inch but enough to stop the whole lot working! A flick with a long thin screwdriver and the offending speck was gone and the oven and grill worked perfectly.

Thanks again Ant, your knowledge is unsurpased and your generosity in sharing it unmatched in the motorhome world.
        Colin :so happy:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X