R20 Squeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R20 Squeak

We have an annoying squeak which we can't seem to fix. Our daughter seemed to sort it -when she was a passenger in the front - by pulling on the passenger strap for the seat behind her. However when I tried to investigate what could be done there seemed to be nothing to be causing the noise. I thought it might be something to do with the strap fixing but it didn't seem to be very accessible and I wasn't sure that was the cause.

Just wondered if you had heard of anyone else having something similar. Most noises we can filter out but this one is quite irritating.
    Many thanks
    Judy

Hi Judy.
    Sounds like the phantom window surround squeek! Where the inner cassette of the window unit touches the GRP wall lining you can sometimes get a squeek. Often it changes or improves when you have a passenger because the seat box and inner lining flexes slightly. If your passenger can prod the wall lining around the lower part of the window and table mount area while you're driving they'll probably be able to pinpoint the squeek.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

Funny that Judy mentioned a squeak in the R20. I've recently started hearing a squeak/creak on the passenger side of my C15.
      Could this be the same or similar thing?
      Maria

Comment

re squeak

Thanks Ant for the suggestion. We've driven round trying to pinpoint the noise and it appears to be just behind where the seatbelt is attached ie just to the side of the back passenger window. When we pull really hard on the seatbelt the noise is not there (at least we think this is the case). Unfortunately nothing is accessible - is there any easy remedy?
        Many thanks
        Judy

Comment

Turn the radio up
          Sorry, but these noises can be almost impossible to find.
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by niloc View Post
            Turn the radio up

Colin
            Unless it's the speakers squeeking!
            derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by judkels View Post
              Thanks Ant for the suggestion. We've driven round trying to pinpoint the noise and it appears to be just behind where the seatbelt is attached ie just to the side of the back passenger window. When we pull really hard on the seatbelt the noise is not there (at least we think this is the case). Unfortunately nothing is accessible - is there any easy remedy?
              Many thanks
              Judy
              Hi Judy.
              You can gain access for stuffing if you put your hand up the side of the inside of the rear seat locker space. The edge of the lining meets the inner locker lining, I've had success in the past with a fairly dense sponge that I stuffed between the outer body GRP and the inner lining, it was just enough to quieten the squeek.
              Good luck.
              Ant

Comment

re squeak

Hi Ant
                I have now most definitely been able to reproduce the squeak and am hopeful that your idea of dense foam will help to lessen the noise or maybe even cure the problem. I have found out where to access the lining area - exactly as you have described.
                Very many thanks ++
                Judy

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X