Leisure battery dead....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leisure battery dead....

Can anyone help? I have an R20 HiLo with the leisure battery under the passenger seat. I went to the Romahome Rally this weekend and had a hook up. On Monday I find that the leisure battery is empty. Now when packing I did knock the trip switch, so when I arrived on site I had no power at all. Had a think and realised I had tripped the switch. The fridge and my oil filled radiator worked off 240 volts.

How would I know that the leisure battery was charging?

I could go out there and have a fiddle, but it is so cold again today I thought I would try asking first here in the warm. As I type it is now throwing rain at the windows.

Thank you. Hazelnut.

Hi Hazelnut, glad you found the site We had a similar problem, and it turned out to be a 12v fuse which needed replacing, however I'm not sure which one! Rest assured Ant will be along shortly with some advice.

Von - the R25 in front of you at the Roma Club rally

Comment

That is a quick response...

Well that is interesting, because we were both attached to the same mains post. I don't know, how to check if the battery is charging when one is connected to the mains. There must be a light and I think I must go and look - but out this morning to my sewing class.

Best wishes. Hazelnut.

Comment

Our leisure battery problem was before the RomaClub meet, it was picked up at the habitation check in March - we hadn't even realised the leisure battery wasn't charging! I know that one of the 12v fuses was replaced and it's fine now, no problem at the meet, so it wasn't related to the ehu.
        Hope the sewing goes well
        Last edited by VonUK; 16-05-2012, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazelnut View Post
          Can anyone help? I have an R20 HiLo with the leisure battery under the passenger seat. I went to the Romahome Rally this weekend and had a hook up. On Monday I find that the leisure battery is empty. Now when packing I did knock the trip switch, so when I arrived on site I had no power at all. Had a think and realised I had tripped the switch. The fridge and my oil filled radiator worked off 240 volts.

How would I know that the leisure battery was charging?

I could go out there and have a fiddle, but it is so cold again today I thought I would try asking first here in the warm. As I type it is now throwing rain at the windows.

Thank you. Hazelnut.
          Hi Hazelnut.
          You can check the charger is switched on by looking under the passengers seat where the battery is fitted, there is an isolation switch with a light and a small black switch on the charger itself. That said your battery should have been charged up when you arrived on site via the engine, if it was flat on arrival you've probably blown the charging fuse under the bonnet. Depending on the age you'll find it either near the vehicle battery or inside the fuse box next to the battery, ( it's marked "Caravan Fuse" inside the fuse box). A quick test to find out if its blown or not is to turn the fridge sparker on, if it doesn't spark until you turn the ignition on the fuse under the bonnet has blown.
          Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X