X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overprotective Van-ita

Hi Ant,

Hope you are well

My understanding of one of the differences between men and women is the way they communicate so you'll have to forgive me for going all around the Wrekin with this story.

Every Monday we take Siouxsie (the dog) to puppy classes. I go and wrestle with the dog to try to behave and get her out of the special needs group. Aud comes along and sits in the van and 'reads'. This isn't exactly what she does since she usually falls fast asleep. She is a very security conscious soul and she locked the van from the inside.

When the classes finished, I came back to the van and tapped the window to rouse her from her slumbers. She was half asleep; the keys were in the ignition and she was trying to open the door to let me and the dog back inside. She was fiddling and diddling with the key and pressing the key fob (probably several times) in her half asleep half awake state.

Anyway, and here's the rub, ever since then when I start driving all the doors lock. I can unlock them again using the dashboard button and they will stay unlocked until I have to slow down for traffic lights etc. As soon as I get to about 10mph, the door lock again

It isn't a huge deal but if something were to happen with me inside and I wasn't conscious, people wouldn't be able to get in to assist as the van would be locked.

Any flashes of inspiration about resolving this?

Thanks as always,

BA

A lot of cars do this now. Aud probably put the system back to the factory settings. The good thing is that if you have an accident there is an inertia switch that unlocks all the doors automatically.

Peter

Comment

Our Kangoo has a similar idea. You can disable it on a Kangoo by holding the button down in the cab about 15sec, that is otherwise used for activating the central locking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
        Hi Ant,

Hope you are well

My understanding of one of the differences between men and women is the way they communicate so you'll have to forgive me for going all around the Wrekin with this story.

Every Monday we take Siouxsie (the dog) to puppy classes. I go and wrestle with the dog to try to behave and get her out of the special needs group. Aud comes along and sits in the van and 'reads'. This isn't exactly what she does since she usually falls fast asleep. She is a very security conscious soul and she locked the van from the inside.

When the classes finished, I came back to the van and tapped the window to rouse her from her slumbers. She was half asleep; the keys were in the ignition and she was trying to open the door to let me and the dog back inside. She was fiddling and diddling with the key and pressing the key fob (probably several times) in her half asleep half awake state.

Anyway, and here's the rub, ever since then when I start driving all the doors lock. I can unlock them again using the dashboard button and they will stay unlocked until I have to slow down for traffic lights etc. As soon as I get to about 10mph, the door lock again

It isn't a huge deal but if something were to happen with me inside and I wasn't conscious, people wouldn't be able to get in to assist as the van would be locked.

Any flashes of inspiration about resolving this?

Thanks as always,

BA
        Hi BA.
        Just hold the linside locking button down for a period ( the book tells you for how long) and it will cancel the auto lock thingy. I don't like them either, it's a bit like being kidnapped every time you drive off!
        Ant

Comment

Thanks again, Ant! Problem solved :so happy:

If only life was as simple as pressing down the button till it goes 'bong bong' and everything rights itself!!

Barbara Anne

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X