Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extra 240v socket.

Ant,
    The Dimension that I have only has one 240v socket, is it possible for me to add another one? I do not like the idea of long extension leads, as they tend to trip me up. I thought it would be possible for me to fit a socket in the hardboard box behind the driver’s seat, the one that contains the electrics. Is the 240v accessible in there?
    I know that you have been asked this before, but I cannot find the relevant thread.
    Best wishes,
    Eugene

Hi Eugene

We had this done by Ant for the very reason you stated. He managed to put the socket exactly where you said and made a very good job of it.

He will be able to tell you more about how he did it himself.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I doubt it would be especially difficult, wire in another 3 core cable to the back of the existing socket, feed the cable under the rim of the seats, in front of the water tank, up through the same hole the water inlet takes, up hidden behind the curtain area, force it through into the futon, tack it along the futon board and wire in a proud socket, screwed into the futon.

Shouldn't be able to see any wiring and you'll have your spare socket.

Comment

Hi Eugene.
        You have actually got two 240v sockets, one up high near the rear door and one below the fridge next to the water heater switch. It is perfectly possible to fit another where you want it, providing you are using it for a TV or Laptop you can take the feed for it from the 6amp trip that is run to the mains charger. If you want to run an electric heater you'll need to run a new wire from the trip switches behind the wardrobe otherwise the heater may keep tripping the switch.
        Thanks
        Ant

PS Aren't you supposed to be in Spain?

Comment

Extra 240v socket

Ant,
          Thanks for your reply; I had forgotten about the socket that is mounted near the floor, probably due to my extreme age!! Anyway it is not very accessible.
          I only want a socket near the front to run a Television/Computer.
          So your suggestion of a socket is OK.

It is next month that I go on my travels to foreign parts, and its a camp site in Portugal not Spain.
          Regards,
          Eugene

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X