Ant Help me PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant Help me PLEASE

The roof on my 1989 Hylo has jammed on nearside front corner, I thought that I had polished it enough but had not used a silicon based polish but the big problem is when it jammed pressure dropped to zero straight away and the system will not pressurise even when using a good electric tyre pump. I have two questions:-
    1. can I push up the roof using brute strength ?
    2. Is there some sort of safety valve which may have operated ?

I am in real trouble here as I have not been able to test out the vehicle since buying and my Daughter and Granddaughter are booked into a Devon campsite this Saturday!
    Regards
    Chris

Hi Chris.
    Don't panic! If the n/s front corner jammed I'm assuming it is the lowest part of the partly raised roof. You can push the the n/s corner up a few inches and the whole roof will drop down. The pressure will automatically be dumped if the roof jams to prevent the rams from punching a hole in the roof. If you find the relays that opperate the air valves( just follow the pipes) you'll find the reset button or buttons. Sometimes they reset automatically in which case with the roof reset in the down position the compressor will repressurise the tank.
    Enjoy Devon!
    Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
      Hi Chris.
      Don't panic! If the n/s front corner jammed I'm assuming it is the lowest part of the partly raised roof. You can push the the n/s corner up a few inches and the whole roof will drop down. The pressure will automatically be dumped if the roof jams to prevent the rams from punching a hole in the roof. If you find the relays that opperate the air valves( just follow the pipes) you'll find the reset button or buttons. Sometimes they reset automatically in which case with the roof reset in the down position the compressor will repressurise the tank.
      Enjoy Devon!
      Ant
      Ant what can I say you have made an old man very happy! but you have made my Daughter and Granddaughter even happier. Every thing worked out as you said, thank you so much this site is lucky to have you, hope to call in and drop "something" off when I am down your way.
      Many thanks
      Chris

Comment

It really is fabulous to have Ant available if you have a crisis.

He's like the forum superhero! We should have competition to design him a superhero outfit! We also need a name - what about Vanman?

Thanks for all the help you give, Ant. It really is appreciated!

BA

Comment

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
          It really is fabulous to have Ant available if you have a crisis.

He's like the forum superhero! We should have competition to design him a superhero outfit! We also need a name - what about Vanman?

Thanks for all the help you give, Ant. It really is appreciated!

BA
          Well there's a spider man, so what about Ant Man with a big ant on the front of his costume.
          Last edited by Tentpeg; 19-08-2012, 15:13.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Please enough! Ant in stretched lycra with a cape! OH DEAR.

Comment

I'm with Jenny on this, you'd need a very strong stomach to see me in lycra!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X