Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babs12
    replied
    Hi again, thank you for suggestions. The seals are all fitted correctly although a little flaccid with age maybe? I have fastened the lower door separately for starters and will see what happens - thank you Ant.

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Originally posted by Babs12 View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post as a C15 romahomer and with it comes a question. I'm getting water in the well at the back door and suspect it is the door not closing tightly enough - when it's locked I can still push it in further against the frame. How would I sort this please? I have eliminated water tank leaks, window leaks and rear light cluster leaks and the hosepipe test points to the back door being the culprit. I have looked through other forum threads but can't find an answer -am I being dim? Just to say, this is my first van and I have been pleasantly surprised at how good it is inside size-wise, on fuel and to park, although I did originally wonder if brakes were optional! Yes, I like it very much!
    Hi Babs12.
    Before you spend any money just check the black sealing strip that runs around the inside edge of the doors is in place and not cutting any corners or slipped down from the square corners of the door. Also always split the doors and close the lower one locking it it place with the turn buckle inside before closing the upper door.
    Thanks
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• karenw
    replied
    Welcome to the forum.

I've had exactly the same problem and, like you, tried the hosepipe test on the light clusters, fridge vent etc as well as forcing water directly at the door - none of which yielded a drop.

My suspicion was always the rear door but having taped kitchen roll adorned with runny ink blots all around it, then forced water under pressure at the door, not so much as a drop seeped in yet following a heavy shower I would find up to 2" in the rear footwell which, undiscovered over time, has rotted the plywood floor and it's not easy or practical to replace it.

I found the cause purely by chance. I removed the door seal and then discovered the door was easier to close and realised water was seeping in via the lock fitting, but only when rain hit it as a certain angle. Completely removing the door seal almost remedied the problem despite the draughty gap but I then replaced the door seal with a new one from sealsdirect.co.uk, found it to be a much better fit and now the problem seems to have been rectified.

As you're having trouble with your rear door which possibly isn't fully closing, I think you may have a similar problem which might be resolved with a new seal.

There's still the issue of repairing the rotten floor but as it's not going to be easy to cut it out because it fits beneath the sink and fridge units, the plan now is to dry it out (it's still damp after 2 months) and then epoxy it. The alternative would be to fit a plastic shower tray over it - if indeed there is such a thing designed for the Romahomes with a shower fitting...?!

Leave a comment:

• Babs12
    started a topic C15 -water in the well!

C15 -water in the well!

Hello everyone, this is my first post as a C15 romahomer and with it comes a question. I'm getting water in the well at the back door and suspect it is the door not closing tightly enough - when it's locked I can still push it in further against the frame. How would I sort this please? I have eliminated water tank leaks, window leaks and rear light cluster leaks and the hosepipe test points to the back door being the culprit. I have looked through other forum threads but can't find an answer -am I being dim? Just to say, this is my first van and I have been pleasantly surprised at how good it is inside size-wise, on fuel and to park, although I did originally wonder if brakes were optional! Yes, I like it very much!