Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo

Hi Ant

Not strictly a Romahome question but I have been looking at a Peugeot Partner 2.0HDi to replace our Berlingo car which is well past its sell by date and is ints death throes. The car seems quite reasonable but there are whistles and screeches from the area of the turbo. Have you any idea what it would cost to replace the turbo with a reconditioned one

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter.
    I've never had to replace the turbo on the 2.0 hdi so have no idea what costs are involved. I have had whistlers and screamers before which are normally quietend by flushing the oil and replacing it with a good 5w30 synthetic oil, go for a good hard drive and keep the engine racing when its hot for a good 5 mins before letting it tick over. The fastest way to wreck a turbo is to let it run without oil getting to it when its hot, the tick over revs arn't really high enough to keep a hot tubo lubricated and switching off the engine without a period of tick over is even worse.So a few seconds of fast tickover followed by a period of normal tickover before switching off will prolong the life of your whistler!
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X