As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Speedo

    Hi Ant,
    I am having a intermitant fault with my speedo/milometer. Usually if it hasn't been run for a while it won't work at all not a flicker. Drive for sometime at speed slow down and it starts to come to life. Jumps a bit at first sometimes stops but usually settles down. Yesterday we drove to Southport 40mls it was dead most of the way, came off the motorway into traffic stop start sort it, started to flicker into life.
    Return journey worked all the time. Any ideas what it could be , I'm having trouble with a groin strain so can't get underneath to see whats happening. I don't want to damage the speedo gear in autobox if its that by using it as is.
    Regards Peter

    #2
    Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
    Hi Ant,
    I am having a intermitant fault with my speedo/milometer. Usually if it hasn't been run for a while it won't work at all not a flicker. Drive for sometime at speed slow down and it starts to come to life. Jumps a bit at first sometimes stops but usually settles down. Yesterday we drove to Southport 40mls it was dead most of the way, came off the motorway into traffic stop start sort it, started to flicker into life.
    Return journey worked all the time. Any ideas what it could be , I'm having trouble with a groin strain so can't get underneath to see whats happening. I don't want to damage the speedo gear in autobox if its that by using it as is.
    Regards Peter
    Ive had this Peter,its not the speedo its the other end,the problem is in the gear box.It cost me a lot to get it fixed I remember but I cant remember how much. Rarely it can be the cable,but dont raise your hopes! Sorry chum,looks like a visit to a gearbox specialist.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      Ive had this Peter,its not the speedo its the other end,the problem is in the gear box.It cost me a lot to get it fixed I remember but I cant remember how much. Rarely it can be the cable,but dont raise your hopes! Sorry chum,looks like a visit to a gearbox specialist.
      Thanks Ian,
      I was worried it might be something like that. I'll have to try and see were the cable goes into the gearbox.
      Regards Peter

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Ant,
        I wondered if you had any thoughts on my speedo problem ?
        Thanks
        Peter

        Comment


          #5
          Missed plea

          Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
          Hi Ant,
          I wondered if you had any thoughts on my speedo problem ?
          Thanks
          Peter
          Hi Ant,
          you appear to have missed my plea's for any further help or advice.
          Regards Peter

          Comment


            #6
            Hi Peter.
            I'm not ignoring you, I haven't any more words of wisdom other than those of Ian. I've only had experience of manual gearbox speedo troubles and they were nearly always the drive at the gearbox end. The symptoms you describe sound like a drive slipping, I think they're only plastic so there may be some wear there too. Sadly I think you'll need to speak to a gearbox specialist who may have more experience than me in speedo drives.
            Thanks
            Ant

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks Ant,
              I was hoping there might be something simple to get sorted.
              Regards Peter

              Comment

              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

              Collapse

              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

              Collapse
              Working...
              X