Faults with new romahome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faults with new romahome

I purchased a new romahome and after getting it home I noticed many faults like. Spare wheel strap broken
    Crack in rear light/indicator cover
    Cracks/scratches at the rear door
    Inside planet of passenger door looks like it has been
    Filled in and bodged up
    Rust on both cab doors inside
    Number plate fell off at the front
    I am taking it back to the dealer but although most of these
    Can be rectified the bodge job I feel can't I feel
    Cheated and either want another new romahome or refund I paid £28000
    For this and surely it shouldn't have any problems being brand new. Am I entitled to a refund etc.

Welcome Pam I am sorry to hear you are having problems. I am not sure what your rights will be from the dealer though I am afraid but in your shoes I would be getting some advice I think from trading standards and your solicitor if you get no joy from the dealer.

Comment

hi

hi ase u sae the dealers do not check them over did u get it off west yorks dealer tom p/s u can privet mail me if u like

Comment

hi

Originally posted by pam View Post
        I purchased a new romahome and after getting it home I noticed many faults like. Spare wheel strap broken
        Filled in and bodged up
        For this and surely it shouldn't have any problems being brand new. Am I entitled to a refund etc.
        HIdo not go to dealer ring romahome they will sort it out dealers only push u off

Comment

Don't hang about ... get stuck in!

If you bought from a dealer you are in a much stronger position that if you bought privately ... unless the dreaded words "sold as seen" appeared anywhere in the process ... in which case a clanger may have been dropped. If the car is new, ie. no previous owners, then it should be pristine.

You should act sooner rather than later, keep a record of all calls and letters, and contact Trading Standards. This link might prove useful.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...u_bought_e.htm

Good luck .... do keep us all posted on how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by pam View Post
            Filled in and bodged up
            Hi Pam.
            I'm sorry you've had these problems with a new van, some seem to indicate poor PDI testing others faults that should have been addressed before you took delivery. If you want to be completely correct your contract is with the supplying dealer, they must be given the chance to rectify things to your satisfaction, if they fail to do so after 3 chances, only then in law will you be able to ask for your money back. The bodge job you refer to may not be curable by the dealer and the vehicle may need to be returned to Romahome to be corrected. The dealer may choose to tranfer the dealing of the problems to Romahome but this is a "cop out" on their part although Romahome are very good at picking up the pieces after a dealer has failed in their duty.
            Ant

Comment

hi

hi pam are u geting any ware with your van did u ring romahome tom

Comment

It seems to be a problem across the whole industry at the moment. My Mum and Dad purchased a brand new Pennine Folding Camper in January and have had many problems with it. The build quality and attention to detail that they so admired on their old Conway's and Pennines seems to be totally absent from the new ones. A great shame.

It has already been back to the dealer twice to rectify a broken fridge and problems with the door. It now has to go back a third time as one of the arms that supports the kitchen extension has broken free of it's fixings. When they have looked at it it's all bodged up and held together with scraps of wood and glue. So sad that these firms don't seem to take pride in making their products right any more.
                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroch View Post
                  If you bought from a dealer you are in a much stronger position that if you bought privately ... unless the dreaded words "sold as seen" appeared anywhere in the process ... in which case a clanger may have been dropped. If the car is new, ie. no previous owners, then it should be pristine.

You should act sooner rather than later, keep a record of all calls and letters, and contact Trading Standards. This link might prove useful.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...u_bought_e.htm

Good luck .... do keep us all posted on how you get on.
                  Although I agree with you Mikeroch that you are in theory protected the reality I think is quite difficult when you come to enforcing your rights. I have heard of numerous horror stories of people trying to enforce these rights lasting years! You really do need to research your dealer as much as you do your vehicle.... but if this is a brand new vehicle I am hoping that Romahome will come good.... I must admit when I read the faults I was thinking this was a newish used vehicle rather than brand new one! Otherwise what on earth has happened?

Comment

Pam, I don't know if yours is the same as our new R25 (ready and collected 3 months late), but our warentee states that we have to report any problems within so many hours of finding them (and it's not many hours, considering it's a fault with a product they have sold, not damage we have caused!)

Also, worth a mention, we had to take our van back due to faults, it cost us a fair wack in fuel for the return journey too and from the dealers (who were fantastic I have to say), but there was no reimbursment for the fuel... Might be worth negotiating this expense before you make the trip -I certainly will be if we have to return ours should any further faults materialise.

Good luck and don't be shy in pushing until you get the product you have paid for!

Comment

Thanks for all you're tips

Thankyou all for you're advice regarding my faults on my new romahome. All the faults have now been put right and I had first class treatment from Baldwins who have been great. I also rang romahome for a chat and they were very helpful. Thankyou

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X