Roof vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof vents

One of the roof vents of my 1980s Romahome is very brittle and breaking up. I believe I need to get the size of the hole to purchase a replacement. It is difficult to measure with the vent in place, I can't tell where the edge of the hole is. The existing vent is a Fiamma.

Does anyone know the size I need, where I can purchase it and who I can trust to fit it.

Originally posted by patriscott View Post
    One of the roof vents of my 1980s Romahome is very brittle and breaking up. I believe I need to get the size of the hole to purchase a replacement. It is difficult to measure with the vent in place, I can't tell where the edge of the hole is. The existing vent is a Fiamma.

Does anyone know the size I need, where I can purchase it and who I can trust to fit it.
    http://www.ezone4.co.uk/roof_vents.htm quite a lot on this site, you should find one to fit. I don't think they are that hard to do yourself, however, if you don't feel up to the task, cast about on the net to see if there's a motorhome service centre or a mobile engineer near to you.

In the meantime, if it's leaking in, put some duck tape on it! Works wonders.

Comment

Most of the replacement vents require a 400mm square hole, your old vent has approx a 375mm hole. I would replace it with the MPK intergrated 4 way roof vent as it does not require any rivets to be fitted which allows you to fill the old rivet holes prior to fitting the new vent. You can get the new vent from most accessory shops and with the aid of 8 30mm no 8 screws and a tube of unibond mega seal ( screwfix) you could refit the new vent. If you've got a jig saw the hole enlargement sounds spookier than it is.
      Ant

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice Jayjay and Ant.

We've found a small caravan repair firm W.R.Wainwright in Poynton, Cheshire. He uses ECO to get windows made. We are getting the windows and the roof vents replaced as they are all very brittle. Mr Wainwright is contacting Romahome to get the original rubbers for the windows. Also, he is consulting with someone in Cheshire he knows who used to work on Romahomes, retired now -- he used to drive down to the Isle of Wight to drive them back for customers. I will make sure he gets your advice, and ask him to do what you suggest, as he wasn't sure what vents to fit.

Then we will repair the fibreglass patches that have blown and resurface the van. It will be out of action for 3 weeks but will be like new when we have finished everything.

Patriscott

Comment

Your man will be consulting Brian Bywater at Chapel en le Frith, he'll give good advice as to how the job can be done.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X