How best to carry a bike on a C15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How best to carry a bike on a C15

Hi Ant is it possible to fit anything in order to carry a bike on my C15?

Many thanks..Joan

How about a folding bike? I carry one on the passenger seat or between the rear seats. It's much easier and more secure than carrying a bike externally.

Comment

Originally posted by lunnie View Post
      Hi Ant is it possible to fit anything in order to carry a bike on my C15?

Many thanks..Joan
      Hi Joan.
      The only way is by using a towbar. It's quite an expensive solution so many people put it inside up the middle in a bike bag.
      Ant

Comment

My poor bike has sat in a shed for the last 5-6 yrs. Never a brilliant cyclist - but I used to go to work on it - 4 miles relatively flat. Once we moved up here - took it out a few times when I first got here - then realised hillls were too steep for my level of fitneess - frightened to go down hill and had to get off to walk up hill cos couldn't make it on the bike . I keep saying i am going to stick it in the back of the C15, get it serviced (after 5 yrs in the shed it needs attention) and get myself fit again to use it -

Sounds wimpish but there must be a reason that the only bikes you see here belong to tourists

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
          My poor bike has sat in a shed for the last 5-6 yrs. Never a brilliant cyclist - but I used to go to work on it - 4 miles relatively flat. Once we moved up here - took it out a few times when I first got here - then realised hillls were too steep for my level of fitneess - frightened to go down hill and had to get off to walk up hill cos couldn't make it on the bike . I keep saying i am going to stick it in the back of the C15, get it serviced (after 5 yrs in the shed it needs attention) and get myself fit again to use it -

Sounds wimpish but there must be a reason that the only bikes you see here belong to tourists
          I can relate to this too! When I lived on the south coast during student days, I used my bike a lot but after moving here, to the top of a hill, it's been a different story. I'm shamefully unfit and to go anywhere by bike there are hills to negotiate and another hill back up to the house so for over 20 years by bike has been beneath cobwebs in the shed (although is currently for sale on Preloved). Then I had the brainwave of buying a folding bike so now I pop it in the van, drive somewhere flat and then use it, especially along canal towpaths and in the New Forest where there are cycle paths. Perfect solution.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X