square replacement window light for old style romahome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

square replacement window light for old style romahome

Hi i have broken my rear window light on a K reg C1 romahome ( misjudging a barrier in France). I am having problems locating a replacement, even Island Plastics dont have any. Any ideas?? Do you have a second hand one i could purchase?

Thank you

Phil, Norfolk

Hi Phil.
    I'm a bit confused as to which bit exactly you've broken. I'm assuming the van is a hitop not a hylo and the bit you've broken is the cover to the roof light on the back of the roof. If you've got the Fiamma wind up smokey cover, I'm afraid they're no longer made and you'll have to replace the whole unit ( MPK 40x40 intergrated vent was the one used by Romahome from about '94 on). This will require the hole in the roof being enlarged a bit to take the MPK vent. If yours has already got the MPK vent ( two push-up handles) then the replacement covers are readily available from most accessory stores.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

thanks Ant

Thanks Ant,

The van is due mot and service and I think I will leave it to the garage to cut a new hole if that is what is needed! They may well have an old ventand/or be able to locate one easier than me. Mine does have the 2 pop up handles you speak of but the hole seems to be smaller than what you describe. I guess there were alot of these made down on the IOW and there will be some variation depending on the parts they had in stock at the time.

On a seperate note I have 2 electrical enquiries:

1. Whilt I know the relay for the 2 way fridge is working, it would seem the electrical side of the fridge ( ie when the van is driving) doesnt seem to do much cooling ( if any). Is there an easy way to test this ( I suppose I could stick a thermometer in it and drive some miles!)

2. I want to attach an inverter to the leisure battery for the purposes of charging mobiles, cameras, ipad. What wattage do you think i need ( i can buy a 100watt inverter for £10, a 500watt one for £25).

Many thanks

Phil

Comment

roof vent

Phil check this link to a J reg being broken for spares but it look smoke damaged to say the least

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C1...item53f1fd88b9

Comment

If it is a roof vent then the one being broken for parts will be no use as they did not have roof vents on the hylo.

A 100w inverter will run from a cigarette lighter socket but a 500w should be wired directly to the battery via the correct rating fuse.

A 100w inverter will provide the power to charge your electronic gadgets but using an inverter is inefficient, you are converting 12v to 240v then back to the voltage of the gadget. It would be better to source the correct 12v charging lead for each item. We carry 12v leads for both our phones, a lead for our netbook and for our battery charger to top up the rechargeable batteries that we using our camera, clocks and torches.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by philtregear View Post
            Thanks Ant,

The van is due mot and service and I think I will leave it to the garage to cut a new hole if that is what is needed! They may well have an old ventand/or be able to locate one easier than me. Mine does have the 2 pop up handles you speak of but the hole seems to be smaller than what you describe. I guess there were alot of these made down on the IOW and there will be some variation depending on the parts they had in stock at the time.

On a seperate note I have 2 electrical enquiries:

1. Whilt I know the relay for the 2 way fridge is working, it would seem the electrical side of the fridge ( ie when the van is driving) doesnt seem to do much cooling ( if any). Is there an easy way to test this ( I suppose I could stick a thermometer in it and drive some miles!)

2. I want to attach an inverter to the leisure battery for the purposes of charging mobiles, cameras, ipad. What wattage do you think i need ( i can buy a 100watt inverter for £10, a 500watt one for £25).

Many thanks

Phil
            Phil.
            The fridge will take what seems like a lifetime to get cold on 12volts but you can test to see if its working by removing the yellow wire from the relay and puting an amp metre in the circuit between the relay and yellow wire. If all is well you'll get a reading between 7 and 9 amps ( engine running and fridge switched on).

I agree with Peters comment re inverters.
            Thanks
            Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X