c15 brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c15 brakes

hi ant, i was reading you post on the brakes started by ribs, after having a look at the compensator lever and doing some adjustment on it i have noted a vast improvement with the brakes, i also disconnected the hose from the belt driven vacumn pump but not sure if this is working to full capacity, is there any pressures to go buy if you use a vacumn gauge, when i put my thumb against it i found that it was relatively easy to pull it of, didnt come of to easy but wasn,t to hard either, can i have your thoughts on this.
    thanks again, jim

Hi Jim.
    I don't actually have a vacuum reading I can give you, I just go by how hard it is to extract the muscle at the base of my thumb from the vacuum pipe! It should come away without any pain involved but take a fair tug. It sounds to me like you're lacking a bit of vacuum. With the engine off, pump the pedal until it comes up hard, with your foot pushing hard on the pedal start the engine. Your foot should drop about 11/2 inches then stabilize.
    Not many do !

Comment

c15 brakes

hi ant, thanks for the reply, i think its possibly lacking some vacumn as you suggest, i also tried pumping the pedal and then startiing the engine there was no difference in the pedal at all, although the vacumn looks in good condition i think its up for further investigation, is the diaphragm located in the top section or the main body of the vacumn. thanks jim

Comment

Jim.
        You can take the head off the vacuum pump without moving it, just take the numerous screws out and you'll see the diaphragm. Remove the centre nut and take the diaphragm off. Inspection should quite quickly show if it has a hole in it.
        Ant

Comment

c15 brakes

thanks ant, i take it you can replace the diaphragm on it as a new unit for mines is about 275.00 because it has power steering.

thanks again. jim

Comment

Hi Jim

Probably too late now, but if you do need to replace the separate vacuum pump, I paid £145 + VAT for a good aftermarket part from Motor Parts direct (I've power steering); could have got it for 125 Euros if I had time to wait for shipment...
            http://www.ws-piecesauto.com/en/c15-...troen-c15.html

Be interested to hear what the problem turned out to be...

cheers Bill

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X