Eberspacher Airtronic ticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eberspacher Airtronic ticking

Having used my Dimension at Kingsbury it was noticeable that the Eberspacher Airtronic diesel fan heater when running, not on heat up or cooling, made a loud regular ticking exactly like a clock. Is this normal? Thanks. Graham (and Carole)

Hi

We have this heating but as we have hardly used the van in the last twelve months apart from day trips when we don't use the heating, neither Keith nor I can remember ..... sorry.

We moved home last year and didn't get away but I am hoping that we can do a lot better this year !

Hopefully some-one will come along with much better information for you.

Gail

Comment

I was working in my duo with eberspacher running and heard same noise. Thought at first it was burner ignition but noise was loader outside. On my knees I traced ticking to the small pump on diesel tank under right hand sill. Hopefully Ant will confirm. I'm hoping its not a tired worn pump,but then I don't usually use eberspacher.

Comment

I meant the noise was "louder outside"

Comment

Don't worry - it's normal !! It is the diesel pulse pump "pulsing". You can quieten it by wrapping it in some foam

Mike

Comment

Mike 's right, not ticking , no heating!
            Ant

Comment

Eberspacher Pump

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
              Having used my Dimension at Kingsbury it was noticeable that the Eberspacher Airtronic diesel fan heater when running, not on heat up or cooling, made a loud regular ticking exactly like a clock. Is this normal? Thanks. Graham (and Carole)
              Hi Graham mount the pump Bracket on a rubber mounting

Alf

Comment

Good idea, Alf. Not too sure what part is the pump and where is it? Is it in the off side locker beside the Airtronic unit or is it "outside" under the Dimension? Thanks. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

Eberspacher Pump

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                  Good idea, Alf. Not too sure what part is the pump and where is it? Is it in the off side locker beside the Airtronic unit or is it "outside" under the Dimension? Thanks. Graham (and Carole)
                  Graham ours is under the van just in front of the exhaust from the heater

Alf

Comment

Thanks Alf, just as soon as the weather warms up, if it ever does, I shall investigate. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

A bit off track this but here goes.

If you have the Hydronic heater (this does water as well as heating) it will be mounted underneath out of the way. Unfortunately the Eberspacher mountings may not be up to the job (ours came very close to falling off). It is mounted to a plate which is bolted up underneath unfortunately the mountings between the heater and the plate fail. They are bonded rubber mountings with a threaded stud sticking out at each end. This studding becomes detached from the rubber so that the only thing supporting the heater is the water connection which will allow the heater to drop down, an expensive problem as it can hit the road. I drilled through the rubber mountings and hung the heater on bolts with self locking nuts. It has been like this for about 4 years and works fine and is safe.

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X