Headlight beam bender for C15 HyLo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight beam bender for C15 HyLo

Hi Ant. I need to get a set of beam benders ready for our trip to Europe in summer in our 1998 C15D HyLo. Looking on e-bay I see different types and shapes with no explanation of which shape of headlight they fit. I would appreciate some expert input as to what I need so I get it right first attempt. Many thanks.

Hi Jaybee156.
    The C15 Headlights are the old type of lens and you can simply block out the area on the lens that looks like a triangle. Use stips of black tape no need to buy any fancy things from a Motor factor. If in doubt you can buy a kit from Halfords and there will be instructions on the pack.
    Ant

Comment

To follow on from Ant's comment.

Your headlamps are glass and so you can use tape without problems.

Park your van a few feet from a vertical surface such as a wall or a garage door in the dark. (You will have to experiment with the distance).

Put your headlamps on main beam and look at the pattern. Keep watching and dip your lights. You will find that the bulk of the light dips down slightly but the bit at the left kicks up slightly. This is the bit that needs blocking. Experiment by getting an assistant to block off bits of the right hand reflector until you have masked the kick up. You will find it useful to cover up the nearside headlight whilst experimenting. Now cover this area with tape. Repeat with the nearside light. You will find that the area that you need to mask is to the offside of the centre of the headlight and slightly below horizontal.

Peter

Comment

I have just had another thought.

It is some hears since I had a C15 but if I remember correctly looking at the headlamps closely there are markings on the glass to the offside of centre and from the horizontal downwards there are markings on the glass.

The shape is very roughly a rectangle with a triangle attached to the bottom edge towards the offside edge.

Hope this helps

Peter

We are off to Holland tomorrow and I am struggling to mask the headlamps on our new Berlingo car.

If anyone wants to know why Johnny foreigner does not mask his headlights it is because their dip pattern does not have the "kick up". Why can't we use the same system?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X