X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

standards of construction

Hello Ant,
    Can you enlighten this dimwit?
    A recent post on this forum said that the R25, and presumably all predecessors, were manufactured to SMMT standards which isnt good enough in Europe and in 2012 , the UK will change to the higher european COC standard.
    What does this mean, will we need to do anything? will all older(pre 2012) romahomes have problems with sales or something?
    My regards to Pam.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
    Hello Ant,
    Can you enlighten this dimwit?
    A recent post on this forum said that the R25, and presumably all predecessors, were manufactured to SMMT standards which isnt good enough in Europe and in 2012 , the UK will change to the higher european COC standard.
    What does this mean, will we need to do anything? will all older(pre 2012) romahomes have problems with sales or something?
    My regards to Pam.
    Ian
    Goodmorning Ant,
    Dont know if you saw this as it was knocked out by another thread.
    Ian

Comment

Hi Ian.
      This is yet another case of the Europeans messing with us - for our own good- They think!
      The homologation of motorhome manufacturing in uk and Europe will come in or start to come in by 2012. The Idea that it's a higher European standard is a matter of opinion, the junk you see produced in Europe and sold in the uk would leave you wondering about the standard.
      What it will basically mean is the Manufacturer will have to declare what is standard on a particular model and what are optional extras and have a declared approved method for their fitting. The Manufacturer will then be able to issue all the paperwork for registering the vehicle as a Motorhome from the word go ( not as a converted van or chassis as now). The down side is if you want a strange option or alteration made to your vehicle and it's not on the approved list it will need to be put through the approval process at an extra cost with no guarantee it will be approved. Dealer fits of after market products may also fall foul of the rules.
      Don't worry about it, it wont be retrospective and any way the people trying to introduce it have been at it for years and keep changing the rules themselves.
      I think Romahome are almost there with the new regulations anyway, so apart from costing them and us and ultimately the customer more money and keeping some European quango alive it should have little impact on you.

Do I sound a bit anti European envolvement in my life? Ah well never mind!
      Ant

Comment

Leaping onto this thread how does the LEZ emission regs for London effect Romahomes? I am presuming the new ones are compliant?

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
          Leaping onto this thread how does the LEZ emission regs for London effect Romahomes? I am presuming the new ones are compliant?
          Hello Roamingsue,
          Go online to TFL website,
          Enter..... online lez compliance checker....into the search box.
          type your vehicle registration into the check box and you will get an immediate response saying wether your vehicle is OK in the LEZ.

Diesel motorcaravans under 2.5 tonnes in weight(2500 kilo) are normally exempt, but I would do the check for peace of mind.
          I hope this helps,
          Ian

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X