Passengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passengers

Hi Ant, sorry to trouble you again (this time on here ).
    Can I just clarify that even if there are no lap belts in a Duo, 2 passengers can transported on the side facing seats.
    I appreciate that it's a bit of a grey area & your advice is only erm... advice.

Thanks very much.
    Derwen

Hi Derwen.
    As I understand the law as it stands at the moment there is no rear seat belt legislation in the back of a Motorhome yet. That said there is legislation on the wearing of lap belts on sideways facing seat, and that is now not allowed. As a dealer we were told we were not able to fit lap belts to side facing seats 10 yrs ago and all seat that had them either should have them removed or clearly labelled as "luggage restraints only".
    There is also the unenforcable "best practice" and sensible use angle. Passengers such as adults sitting near the front of the rear compartment for the odd journey every now and again would probably not give you a problem on the belts issue, however kids not sitting or larking about in the back would quite sensibly get you in some hot water. Likewise doing the school run might raise some eyebrows!
    To date nobody I know of have been caught out by using the rear unbelted seats for travelling, and providing you're not take undue risks with you and your passenger I don't think you'll have a problem.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

Ant, you are truly a star
      Many thanks for your speedy reply, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Check with your insurers that they are happy with you carrying passengers sitting sideways in the back

Comment

Very good point, will do that.
          Thanks for the advice

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X